I Need Your Advice

t's like I said.   It's up to you. 🙂  Just sharing what information I can.   I was mostly just giving something to compare your options to pricewise. 

I think you'll be fine.    I'm still running win 10 myself but.. I think your new rig will be fine.  

I have a 32" freesync mointor from MSI that works with nvidia's g-sync settings.   It wasn't cheap but 32" @ 2564x1440 @165hz is pretty sweet IMO. 

The 27" g-sync compatible version is a little less expensive and probably still a great monitor.  

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Viewsonic, LG, Acer and AOC do some nice monitors. You can go higher with 144-165hz monitors. If it is just for DCS a 60hz, ie for 60fps monitor is fine.

Like Headwarp said its up to you on the size but with monitors you can spend 200-600. For the minimum maybe 2560x1440p 60hz your GPU will drive that perfectly. You wont "need" VRR tech like Freesync or Gsync. Just lock it to Vsync in the DCS settings and thats it really.

41 minutes ago, BuzzU said:

That's as big as I should go because I sit close. Any bigger and i'd be moving my head too much. I only have a 21" now, so 27" will seem big to me.

Sounds like you know what you want to do. 🙂   I just went from a 34" 3440x1440 ultrawide that was honestly kind of a pita when it came to first person shooters.  The lack of vertical height paired with 1440 resolution resulted in a smaller targets and my minimap and radar in a shooter or something would be too far off to the side due to the horizontal FoV.  

Comparatively, things look huge on my 32" 2560x1440 monitor because the monitor is taller with the same vertical resolution and I do not miss the horizontal FOV.     It's been good experience, but, it's also a pretty expensive monitor.    This likely would apply to black specs against the sky at a distance as well.  I fly with the bucket on my head though.  

My monitor IS an MSI monitor at 165Hz though and that much has been awesome in shooters.   I'll say that. 

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Actually, DCS will get the least play from me because of my old man memory. Race sims like ACC, iRacing, and GPL will get a lot. I've also got into the new Hunting sims since I had to retire from hunting last fall. The new ones coming out are more system hungry but still nothing like DCS and ACC. I see myself going more and more towards hunting sims because of the slower pace of it. The scenery looks so good it's fun to just hike around in it.

I do miss elk hunting but it's so hard at 11,000ft that my body finally won the fight with my mind. Carrying out 250lbs of meat at high altitude is not for 80 year old farts like me. The sim will fill in that gap in my life.

Well, i'm glad the system is bought. I hate trying to find the right one for me.

Thanks for the help guys.

• Like 1

Buzz

Buzz, with that extra info, maybe look at a 27-32" 2560x1440 60hz IPS monitor. That will give you a quality image while being very sharp. You can connect it with a Display Port or HDMi cable, it doesn't matter mate. For all those games it will pair up with your GPU very nicely.

An IPS monitor will probably give you the best image for your hunting sims, are they the ones by Expansive Worlds?

2 hours ago, BuzzU said:

Actually, DCS will get the least play from me because of my old man memory. Race sims like ACC, iRacing, and GPL will get a lot. I've also got into the new Hunting sims since I had to retire from hunting last fall. The new ones coming out are more system hungry but still nothing like DCS and ACC. I see myself going more and more towards hunting sims because of the slower pace of it. The scenery looks so good it's fun to just hike around in it.

I do miss elk hunting but it's so hard at 11,000ft that my body finally won the fight with my mind. Carrying out 250lbs of meat at high altitude is not for 80 year old farts like me. The sim will fill in that gap in my life.

Well, i'm glad the system is bought. I hate trying to find the right one for me.

Thanks for the help guys.

You should have a good time Buzz.  Enjoy.  

Spoiler

It looks like you can put M.2 SSD's on your Motherboard, I'd get two, 1 or 2TB SSD's for your Motherboard. And another SSD to go in your mounts in the case.  I've had one 1TB M.2 SSD on my Mobo and I ran out of room with IL2, IL2beta, and DCS & DCS Open Beta on it.  I have the OS on a 500Gb SSD in the case, plus another 300Gb HDD for a dump truck.  I can't stress how important it is to get Memory for a new build. If you have SSD's or HDD's you can erase if need be that you can install once you get your computer, that will alleviate buying extras. But I did go out and get another 1TB M.2 SSD for the Mother board, now I have IL2 and Beta on one and DCS and Open Beta on the other, with a lot of room to grow. The Windows OS is on the 500GB SSD in the case.  So all in all I have 2.75TB of storage on this build, the two in the case came from old builds, the M.2's are new. Make sure they are cooled well, I noticed you got water cooling, I hope there are enough fans to keep the rest of the Mobo components cool. I've got six in mine LOL, sounds like a F/A-18 on start up.. LOL

I use a 32" LG monitor 2560x1440, 144hz, 165fps with a Display Port 1.4 cable. I got it at CostCo and I do not regret it.  When I built this computer I kept the SSD/HDD's, and my Monitor, and Video Card.  I have since bought the MSI RTX3080ti Ventus, (huge difference) and replaced the monitor when it blew up. This one was on sale at Costco the next day so I bought it.  G-sync is what I'm using instead of V-sync. No glitches in DCS and it runs IL2 insane fast.... Combat Box can tax it if it's really crowded with objects.. you know Alonzo and Sketch..

Now for the fun part, getting it setup, and everything installed..... I'm unavailable for tech assistance by the way... :pilotfly: I've got some flying to do. 

Let us know how it goes.

Hoss

Edited by 352nd_Hoss

Sempre Fortis

BuzzU,

have a ton of FUN !!!

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

15 hours ago, Bossco82 said:

Buzz, with that extra info, maybe look at a 27-32" 2560x1440 60hz IPS monitor. That will give you a quality image while being very sharp. You can connect it with a Display Port or HDMi cable, it doesn't matter mate. For all those games it will pair up with your GPU very nicely.

An IPS monitor will probably give you the best image for your hunting sims, are they the ones by Expansive Worlds?

Yes, EW but COTW turned out to be too arcade. I like Classic much better. I bought the new system for the two new hunting games coming out Way of the Hunter and Ultimate Hunting. They would have been too much for my old system but the new one should let me run max settings.

I'll still fly DCS but make up more simple missions to keep my memory from failing. I've never been able to turn on shadows in DCS. I'm looking forward to doing that. I used to say I don't like shadows and keep them turned off. Truth is my old system couldn't run them and maintain good fps.

I feel good about who I bought the system from. They seem like a good company and spent a lot of time helping me pick out what I need in the system. I was surprised he thought I should have a 1000w power supply but what do I know? He's built 1400 systems and i've built one. 🙂

14 hours ago, Headwarp said:

You should have a good time Buzz.  Enjoy.  

Thank you.

13 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

It looks like you can put M.2 SSD's on your Motherboard, I'd get two, 1 or 2TB SSD's for your Motherboard. And another SSD to go in your mounts in the case.  I've had one 1TB M.2 SSD on my Mobo and I ran out of room with IL2, IL2beta, and DCS & DCS Open Beta on it.  I have the OS on a 500Gb SSD in the case, plus another 300Gb HDD for a dump truck.  I can't stress how important it is to get Memory for a new build. If you have SSD's or HDD's you can erase if need be that you can install once you get your computer, that will alleviate buying extras. But I did go out and get another 1TB M.2 SSD for the Mother board, now I have IL2 and Beta on one and DCS and Open Beta on the other, with a lot of room to grow. The Windows OS is on the 500GB SSD in the case.  So all in all I have 2.75TB of storage on this build, the two in the case came from old builds, the M.2's are new. Make sure they are cooled well, I noticed you got water cooling, I hope there are enough fans to keep the rest of the Mobo components cool. I've got six in mine LOL, sounds like a F/A-18 on start up.. LOL

I use a 32" LG monitor 2560x1440, 144hz, 165fps with a Display Port 1.4 cable. I got it at CostCo and I do not regret it.  When I built this computer I kept the SSD/HDD's, and my Monitor, and Video Card.  I have since bought the MSI RTX3080ti Ventus, (huge difference) and replaced the monitor when it blew up. This one was on sale at Costco the next day so I bought it.  G-sync is what I'm using instead of V-sync. No glitches in DCS and it runs IL2 insane fast.... Combat Box can tax it if it's really crowded with objects.. you know Alonzo and Sketch..

Now for the fun part, getting it setup, and everything installed..... I'm unavailable for tech assistance by the way... :pilotfly: I've got some flying to do. 

Let us know how it goes.

Hoss

I thought an SSD of 1TB was massive. My old system only had 240g. I put everything on it including Windows. I'll add another one if it turns out I need it. Thanks.

5 hours ago, BitMaster said:

BuzzU,

have a ton of FUN !!!

Thanks.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

The only thing that concerns me is Win 11. My plan was to stay with Win 10 but he talked me out of it. He said Win 11 is a better gaming OS and they worked out the bugs it had when it was first released. He also talked about the motherboard working better with Win 11 but he lost me when he got technical of why.

So, Win 11 it is. I hope it's a good decision.

• Like 1

Buzz

I'm in Windows 11, dont believe the doom mongers DCS is fine. Straight up.

A 1TB Nvme for Windows, DCS and some hunting games. Thats not overkill its about right. I have x2 of them.

A 1000w power supply with the 30 series Graphic cards is no bad idea. I run a 3090 on a 850w but I am very experienced building and looking after PC systems. I would have probably put a 1000w one in for you.

Please let us know how you get on Buzz, i'd like to know mate.

Edited by Bossco82

19 minutes ago, Bossco82 said:

I'm in Windows 11, dont believe the doom mongers DCS is fine. Straight up.

A 1TB Nvme for Windows, DCS and some hunting games. Thats not overkill its about right. I have x2 of them.

A 1000w power supply with the 30 series Graphic cards is no bad idea. I run a 3090 on a 850w but I am very experienced building and looking after PC systems. I would have probably put a 1000w one in for you.

Please let us know how you get on Buzz, i'd like to know mate.

I will. The hardest part will be waiting for it. They gave me a $77 discount. So, it's $2492 for system but I just added the monitor to the order. So, another $331. I managed to get what I want and kept it under my $3000 budget. Plus, I have a lifetime warranty. What value can we put on that? He told me if the power supply burns out in 10 years they'll send me a new one. Not sure how they can do that but i'm not complaining. He also said if an item goes bad that has been updated and is no longer available they'll send me the updated version. So, is so many years the 3080 card goes belly up and is no longer available they'll send me a 4000 series card? That's nuts!

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

Buzz trust me on this, its all moving along so fast even I struggle to keep up. That system will be fine for 3-4 years using the games you play mate. It will probably be out of date and you will want to swap parts before anything burns out. Thats a few years away though and the forum will be here to ask for advise.

My plan is to be just doing hunting games by then. They're easy to run compared to DCS and ACC.

Good plan huh? 🙂

I'm hoping this will be the last system I buy. I am kind of old to be going on forever.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

Buzz, dude if your having that much trouble. Please feel free to send me a private message. It will ping on my email, i'll come back on and respond. Get you up and running.

Can anyone in the USA let me know any bad reviews or experiences from such as Origin PC, Cyberpower or Alienware. I haven't come across any bad experiences from friends in the USA.

Edited by Bossco82

You didn't click the link? That's a lot of bad reviews. Better Business Bureau didn't look any better. 

Just google Xidax Reviews and see what you get.

I can't take a chance. Money is tight with me. I'm living on an SS check.

Buzz

Sorry, I misread what you said. You asked if anybody saw bad reviews of other companies.

Yeah, Xidax is a dead issue. I'm glad I didn't give them any money yet. It might be hard to get it back.

I'm looking at the Origin website now.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

Yeah two problems with me choosing a pre-built for you. I've built my own for over 20 years and im in the UK.

Please take this advise though. DO NOT buy a system from a company that users their OWN BRANDED products. Make sure they make very very clear who's parts are going into your system. Using OWN BRAND parts is a way all PC builders hide lower spec parts in a system they build. 

I like what I see at Origin. I can get what I want for around $2500 but it will have to be an AMD CPU. They must like them because I don't see Intel offered at all.  So, a 5800X, 3080, 32g ram, water cooled. 5-7 days to build.

edit....No. they have Intel. I didn't see the button to choose it. I'll see what that comes to.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

That's more expensive. When choosing the i7-12700K it upgrades the water cooling, ram to DD5 5200, and motherboard. It still kept the PS at 750w. That surprised me. It's $2800 with a 3080.

So, $300-$400 more than anybody else with the same specs. They seem like a good company. Reminds me of Falcon Northwest, except cheaper. Falcon starts at $4000 and goes up from there. Too much.

Buzz

Have you looked at the videos I sent you?

The AMD build will be perfect for what you want. You won't gain that much going with the Intel system. The 5800x is an excellent and solid CPU. The AMD 5000 series is so tested now there is very little to go wrong.