P-47 in Latin America

CHSubZero

After creating a few P-51D / TF-51 liveries for Latin American countries (see this thread) I started to create liveries for the Thunderbolt as well. I'm currently reasearching for Cuba, Colombia, Chile and Venezuela but I have started with Chile.

The following livery is work in progress. I have to tweak the roundel size and the squadron logo is not very good. Some colors also need tweaking.

wip1.jpg

• Like 1

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

2 hours ago, CHSubZero said:

The following livery is work in progress

Thank you so much for doing this livery 🙏  .. here I have a few photos to help you with some details, they are not very good and are quite small, but even so:

1) Here you can see that the black paint in front of the cockpit, extended to the far front. Also the spinner seems to be painted the same white as the front cowling:

RXvC8Fj.jpg

2) Some examples seem to have the cockpit framing painted black, while others remained bare metal:

tYb3nRv.jpg

3) This example (the first P-47 that arrived to Chile), has the black paint extended up to the tailfin:

iwwI3aX.jpg

4) If at all possible, please provide a way to use different serials .. it helps a lot when editing missions. valid serials are from 750 to 772. Chile used several variants: D-35, D-30 and D-40 (some D-30 were converted to D-40 configuration).

Again, thank you so much for this ... I intend to use it to edit missions set at Punta Arenas on the new SA Map, fighting ficticious skirmishes with Argentina 🙂

Best regards.

Eduardo.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Colors tweaked, white spinner and black parts behind cockpit removed (will be added for the skin with the black paint all the way to the tail fin).

I still need help with the logo of the 11th Air Group. May someone help me with a good reference?

e2816de76854313984a46196a7d014cbo.jpg

WIP2.jpg

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

33 minutes ago, CHSubZero said:

I still need help with the logo of the 11th Air Group. May someone help me with a good reference?

Unfortunately, Group 11th used that logo only during the 50s, I checked all my books and magazines and this is the only clear image of it that I have:

1Z46f1w.jpg

The color shade is most probably not right, and the one on the restored 750 that is at the museum is also probably not correct, as it seems too intense.

Lovely work you are doing here. An interesting fact about the Chilean P-47 is that they could only carry bombs, as the US removed all the rocket firing equipment from it ... I will most likely disregard this on my mission, as I love rocket attacks 🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Great news, your latin american skins for the P-47 are now available: 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3325026/

Haven't tried the one for Guatemala yet, but the chilean one is perfect, I love it 🥰  .. here some pics from my first test drive:

At Punta Arenas:

bhDOIHd.jpg

Over Patagonia:

RZFLCn8.jpg

Intercepting an argentinian Avro Lincoln (fictional encounter, of course 🙂)

Ess3kMP.jpg

So, thanks again, lovely work 👍

Cheers,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw