[WishList]F15E should have slam-er?

nthere

Also AFAIK we're not getting a very late Strike Eagle anyway. Which is frankly what I prefer, that makes it at least something somewhat different from Hornet, Viper, and Jeff imo.

• Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

1 hour ago, WinterH said:

Also AFAIK we're not getting a very late Strike Eagle anyway

Software wise it will be a Suite 4, which is like roughly 2002. But Razbam don't timegame it, if a weapon is added to the game and there's enough data for the Strike Eagle's implementation of that weapon, the module will have it. Obviously this only applies to weapons that USAF Strike Eagles carry. That's why it's expected that we'll get Mavericks, AGM-130, Aim-9X, and possibly SDB and LJDAM, but no JHMCS for release. Mavericks were only a thing for a MoHo squadron in the 90s, no one else used them ever since then, AGM-130 was retired and obviously LJDAM, SDB and even the JHMCS were nowhere to be seen in the early 2000s.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dragon89 said:

Because the ROKAF (South Korean) F-15K Slam Eagles are the versions capable of using it.

But RAZBAM is making a USAF Strike Eagle, so we will only get weapons used by the USAF.

51 minutes ago, cfrag said:

Actually we do. We're getting it very, very late. 

(duck)

Two weeksTM isn't late? 😜

Edited by EnzoF98
  • Like 1

We might be getting two versions of the Strike Eagle. They did a poll some time ago to ask for which UFC style we want, and the majority voted for the new one, but now we see they're making the old one. So either the new one ran into unexpected trouble, or they're doing both and the old one is easier to do.

I'd expect the "late" Strike Eagle to have later goodies like LDJAM, APKWS, SDB and HMCS. Probably not SLAM-ER or any exotic foreign loadouts, though. The oldie version will still have all the fun options like the AGM-130, Durandal and GBU-28, but will likely not support the newer additions.

On 7/12/2022 at 4:56 AM, Dragon1-1 said:

We might be getting two versions of the Strike Eagle. They did a poll some time ago to ask for which UFC style we want, and the majority voted for the new one, but now we see they're making the old one. So either the new one ran into unexpected trouble, or they're doing both and the old one is easier to do.

I'd expect the "late" Strike Eagle to have later goodies like LDJAM, APKWS, SDB and HMCS. Probably not SLAM-ER or any exotic foreign loadouts, though. The oldie version will still have all the fun options like the AGM-130, Durandal and GBU-28, but will likely not support the newer additions.

The UFC upgrade is not directly related to the Suite. Some very recent suites still add the old UFC, so it has no impact on the timeline done by RB. In the end, they said they'd be modeling both and you'll be able to choose. It wouldn't change anything about the avionics and its usage, as it's basically the same exact UFC in terms of usage, just with a different look and different screens.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 10:56 AM, Dragon1-1 said:

Absolutely nothing of the sort has been indicated by Razbam. Based on currently available data, they will have one Strike Eagle variant, which will have the ability to reflect different time frames with changing the loadout, but the actual aircraft will be a Suite 4, which is like the earlier half of the 2000s. APKWS and rockets are not a thing on Strike Eagles.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2022 at 10:01 PM, FoxTwo227 said:

Because wikipedia is wrong, USAF Strike Eagles don’t employ SLAM-ER’s

I’m not saying this comment is wrong or right. But the US Military data base expresses a different opinion.

https://odin.tradoc.army.mil/WEG/Asset/F-15E_Strike_Eagle_American_Multirole_Strike_Fighter_Aircraft

under missiles page, option 3

2x AGM-84H/K SLAM-ER

Edited by Blinky.ben

11 hours ago, Blinky.ben said:

I’m not saying this comment is wrong or right. But the US Military data base expresses a different opinion.

https://odin.tradoc.army.mil/WEG/Asset/F-15E_Strike_Eagle_American_Multirole_Strike_Fighter_Aircraft

2x AGM-84H/K SLAM-ER

That website is inclusive to all variants, not just the US E model.  Its not a different opinion....

There was no SLAM use on the US E as stated above.

• Like 4

On 9/8/2022 at 9:13 AM, Blinky.ben said:

2x AGM-84H/K SLAM-ER

It should be noted that this is a US Army TRADOC website. TRADOC is not 100% reliable when it comes to capabilities and specifications, and that is doubly true for platforms in other branches. Please attempt to avoid using them as a citation for USAF platforms. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pede said:

It should be noted that this is a US Army TRADOC website. TRADOC is not 100% reliable when it comes to capabilities and specifications, and that is doubly true for platforms in other branches. Please attempt to avoid using them as a citation for USAF platforms. 

it’s a fair statement pointing out that they can be talking about foreign F-15’s for equipment used but suggesting the army are idiots and are wrong about USAF is just strange opinion. Anyway no I plan to keep using an offical US government for information about US equipment.

Edited by Blinky.ben
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Blinky.ben said:

it’s a fair statement pointing out that they can be talking about foreign F-15’s for equipment used but suggesting the army are idiots and are wrong about USAF is just strange opinion. Anyway no I plan to keep using an offical US government for information about US equipment.

It's not a "strange opinion", it's my opinion and the opinion of most who served in the US Army and are even remotely familiar with TRADOC. What I said was for your benefit alone, you can keep using bad sources and having SME's come in here to correct you if you want.

• Like 4