Difference between all the variants?

geshabuL_

CE: the first bird we're getting, mainly an interceptor with some unguided ground attack weapons too. Navigation through radio beacons.

EE: As above, but in addition to that: aerial refueling probe, INS navigation system, option to use a better RWR 

BE: Mostly like CE afaik, but a two seater training bird. Guns are deleted.

M: modernized in late-ish 90s and has a more modern HUD and MFDs.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

1 hour ago, WinterH said:

CE: the first bird we're getting, mainly an interceptor with some unguided ground attack weapons too. Navigation through radio beacons.

EE: As above, but in addition to that: aerial refueling probe, INS navigation system, option to use a better RWR 

Thanks a lot! I am sure many others will find this useful! 

Additional question, is there a confirmation about the Super 530s, I suppose only the M variant will be able to carry them or they won't be added at all? Do we have any info about those missiles at all?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, geshabuL_ said:

Additional question, is there a confirmation about the Super 530s, I suppose only the M variant will be able to carry them or they won't be added at all? Do we have any info about those missiles at all?

"After the Early Access release of the Mirage F1, the immediate focus of the Aerges Engineering team will be on completing the remaining Mirage F1 CE work-in-progress systems. In particular, several radar scan modes, the radio navigation modes of the autopilot, and the implementation of the S530F ‘Supermatra’ missile."

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2022-07-08/

• Like 4

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

3 hours ago, WinterH said:

The EE is the All weather strike aircraft, while the CE is an Interceptor with strike capability. Also guided weapons

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Badger1-1 said:

The EE is the All weather strike aircraft, while the CE is an Interceptor with strike capability. Also guided weapons

When we look at the Spanish variants, AFAIK they have the same air to air weapons, and same unguided air to ground weapons. Differences are the refueling probe and an INS NAV system as I've said above. AFAIK it is only a NAV system and not really a NAV/ATTACK one, so I wouldn't really call it an all weather striker if that is the case.

Looks like all versions will get laser guided bombs, but all will need them to be lased externally including the M.

• Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

24 minutes ago, cmbaviator said:

is that the F1 M cockpit ?

null

image.png

That would be an F1-MF2000 for the Moroccan Air Force. Even more modern than the Spanish F1M. Though I wish we were getting it. 

F1M only has a single MFD, here are some pics from Aerges 

FB_IMG_1657458336863.jpg

FB_IMG_1657458330841.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

On 7/10/2022 at 5:15 AM, Badger1-1 said:

Not the EE, the Es for other countries are but not for Spain, it was used as a fighter only and 100% of its training missions were air to air, while 40% of the CE's training missions were air to ground and 60% air to air. None of the Spanish F1's had ground attack as anything more than a secondary role until the F1M.

• Like 5

On 7/10/2022 at 4:08 PM, Snacko 2-1 said:

That would be an F1-MF2000 for the Moroccan Air Force. Even more modern than the Spanish F1M. Though I wish we were getting it. 

F1M only has a single MFD, here are some pics from Aerges 

FB_IMG_1657458336863.jpg

FB_IMG_1657458330841.jpg

Personally this cockpit looks like a sweetspot - a good mix of old and new.

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

15 hours ago, killkenny1 said:

Personally this cockpit looks like a sweetspot

Well, that's a mid 90s modification, so the variant itself will be fairly modern. Currently there aren't many true 90s era FF modules in DCS just the F-14B and the Viggen, so it will be difficult to create a realistic scenario for it.

Not exactly mid 90s, overhauls started around 1997-8 or the like, last aircraft handed over was 2001. Last aircraft retired in 2013. Relatively modern, not that much though.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 4:30 PM, WinterH said:

South Africa also had the F1 AZ which was a ground attack variant with Fitted with lightweight EMD AIDA 2 ranging radar instead of Cyrano IV of other variants, with laser rangefinder under nose

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 6:43 PM, LJOS said:

South Africa also had the F1 AZ which was a ground attack variant with Fitted with lightweight EMD AIDA 2 ranging radar instead of Cyrano IV of other variants, with laser rangefinder under nose

However, to be clear Aerges isn't doing the F1 AZ.  Just the ones listed by WinterH

Edited by Sarge55

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2022 at 2:44 AM, gnomechild said:

AFAIK the F1M won't really have any differences in loadout compared to the F1CE and EE. I don't know of any other bomb racks. But information on the F1M is kinda hard to come by 

so you´re saying that you dont know, since its hard to get the infos to know... 😛

• 1 month later...