Problems with Mission 06

Go to solution Solved by pokeraccio,

After hitting our target at 20:15,there were no any communications and orders.In fact,I was just flowing with my AI lead between WYPT 3 and 4.Besides,I also found that AI Tomcats didn't drop their GBU-24s at all! How can I slove this problem?

• Solution
3 hours ago, ENTER said:

After hitting our target at 20:15,there were no any communications and orders.In fact,I was just flowing with my AI lead between WYPT 3 and 4.Besides,I also found that AI Tomcats didn't drop their GBU-24s at all! How can I slove this problem?

MISSION 6 problem (no comms after dropping bombs)

During startup, player can get damaged by the adjacent F14 unfolding its wings. This is a DCS thing with the Tomcats and player's aircraft is set to invincible - however, the immortality does not work when the wheel chocks are on. Therefore make sure to remove the wheel chocks before the 5th minute of the mission. This is out of my hands and we need to wait for a fix.

After the attack there are no more comms in M06. This is linked to DCS bug with AI Tomcats refusing to drop guided bombs (already reported to ED). Since half of the package do not drop, some of the triggers are not fired. This is out of my hands and we need to wait for a fix, although the mission can still be completed. 

Edited by pokeraccio

I found a fix for mission 6… But it requires editing the mission  file in your .miz file…..

Since having the F14 set to drop as guided breaks the comms I changed it to auto and I had to put dumb bombs on them and that seemed to fix it….. This also fixed mission 12 which has the same issue. If you want the mission file send me a message and I’ll send it to you. If your not sure about what I’m saying I’ll put instructions with it when I send it.😊

Edited by Trini86

Yeah, dumb bombs would do the trick, but from my point of view this is a core DCS bug and if I wanted to update all the missions that contain them instead of just reporting and waiting for them to be fixed on ED side I'd go crazy 😉 so I'll just wait until it is fixed, especially that this is quite a core issue.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

On 7/20/2022 at 3:16 PM, baltic_dragon said:

Yeah, dumb bombs would do the trick, but from my point of view this is a core DCS bug and if I wanted to update all the missions that contain them instead of just reporting and waiting for them to be fixed on ED side I'd go crazy 😉 so I'll just wait until it is fixed, especially that this is quite a core issue.

Is this issue fixed with 21st July patch? I couldn't find anything related to this bug but only something regarding improvement of GBU-24 accuracy and lasing for the F14. 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

4 hours ago, Jenson said:

Is this issue fixed with 21st July patch? I couldn't find anything related to this bug but only something regarding improvement of GBU-24 accuracy and lasing for the F14. 

I could be wrong but I don't think so. I tried this evening and it still looks like the F14's didn't drop. No explosions on the tarmac before the Raven hornet flight gets there and no comms after bomb drops 😞

Edited by EagleDriver95

2 hours ago, EagleDriver95 said:

I could be wrong but I don't think so. I tried this evening and it still looks like the F14's didn't drop. No explosions on the tarmac before the Raven hornet flight gets there and no comms after bomb drops 😞

Thanks.

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

2022/7/15 AM12点55分,Trini86说:

I found a fix for mission 6… But it requires editing the mission  file in your .miz file…..

Since having the F14 set to drop as guided breaks the comms I changed it to auto and I had to put dumb bombs on them and that seemed to fix it….. This also fixed mission 12 which has the same issue. If you want the mission file send me a message and I’ll send it to you. If your not sure about what I’m saying I’ll put instructions with it when I send it.😊

Can you send me the file along with your instructions?I've got crazy for this mission.....

7小时前,Jenson说:

It hasn't been fixed. I just finished the mission.

On 7/14/2022 at 12:55 PM, Trini86 said:

Thanks for this. I'll give this a try.

24 minutes ago, danep said:

Patch notes from Thursday (2.7.16.27869) say "AI aircraft. AI would not use guided weapons for Attack Runway Task - fixed."

Is that not this bug?

That's apparently a separate bug. I think what was fixed is specific to the "Attack Runway" task for all AI aircraft. The problem with RODF M06 is that AI Tomcats won't drop laser guided bombs under any circumstances. BD is using the "Bombing" task in this mission, the attack point happens to be a runway but the problem is with the Tomcat, if it was a different aircraft, it would work.

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT

Same problem here except that no more comms after the instruction to not attack the civilian traffic that popped up on radar. AI also didn't follow waypoints after the drop anymore and entered a holding pattern in about 23000ft about 45 NM east of the carrier.

After having read the briefing for mission 07 I feel I missed some important part of the story as diplomatic tensions are mentioned and I guess those should be rising while still playing mission 06.

@Trini86 I would be interested in the fix 🙂

On 7/25/2022 at 2:59 PM, Quax said:

Same problem here except that no more comms after the instruction to not attack the civilian traffic that popped up on radar. AI also didn't follow waypoints after the drop anymore and entered a holding pattern in about 23000ft about 45 NM east of the carrier.

After having read the briefing for mission 07 I feel I missed some important part of the story as diplomatic tensions are mentioned and I guess those should be rising while still playing mission 06.

I just flew it. Yes, for me also no more comms after the instruction to not attack the civilian traffic.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I spoke to Heatblur, they are working on the issue (for M06 and M12). I could switch the bombs to dumb ones, but then they won't hit where I want them to, plus will need to revert the mission later on, which likely will break some other things. So I'd rather wait for the proper fix by the devs. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 1:59 PM, Quax said:

Exactly the same behaviour here. I just dropped the JDAM's in the designated window and returned to the carrier to Land. I got a score of 60 without really understanding what I did wrong (bombs hitted the targets). But it was a bit off not having any COMs/SA after the civilian aircraft coms.

Thank you

Came here because I wondered about the missing audio as well, ILS was not working for me either for some reason (Channel 6 ILS on and boxed), so made it very hard to land. Flew into part of the carrier structure and ejected giving me a 50 score 😕

Skipped it 😞 

Edited by sepruda

• 1 month later...

Just flew this mission this night. I didn't have any issues with ICLS. One issue I experienced though is that during startup on the carrier, it was a moment as if entire ship leaned aside or small instant earthquake happened and it cost me broken landing gear (just in case: I removed wheel chokes right after the mission start), had to restart. On restart this event happened again, but this time with no damaging consequences.

Edited by lester

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

Yeah, this is a rather complicated thing - the earthquake is caused by the F-14s fully extending their wings while unfolding them (which is a bug, reported I believe). That is why I made player immortal at mission start, but it seems it not always works (I thought it was linked to the wheel chocks, but after reading your post I am not so sure anymore). In any case, this is one of the things we have to constantly deal with as mission makers 🙂

• Like 1

Hello BD, Flying KENNY here. May I have question on your excellent campaign, Raven One: Dominant Fury? In mission 6, I did everything, what should I do, but final score is "only" 90. Which is probably by no Tapes ON, but I had it. RDDI on FLIR, one on HUD and I was in MAN mode. Should it be in AUTO mode, or it doesn't matter? Thank you very much for your answer and take care.

Hey @KENNY1988, in the RODF guide in the docs folder you can find the points for all the missions at the very end. For M6:
Player’s bombs on target: 30
Attack recorded (tapes on): 10
Landing: 10 (1 for divert)

Therefore I assume these are tapes, but I will have to check which exactly were the requirements for this to be recorded by the mission.

1 hour ago, baltic_dragon said:

Hey @KENNY1988, in the RODF guide in the docs folder you can find the points for all the missions at the very end. For M6:
Player’s bombs on target: 30
Attack recorded (tapes on): 10
Landing: 10 (1 for divert)

Therefore I assume these are tapes, but I will have to check which exactly were the requirements for this to be recorded by the mission.

Yep, I found this. But not sure what was wrong, because I was recording FLIR and HUD, but in MAN mode. I will try to refly this mission today. 

Thanks for reply. 

Hi

I had the same issue as Kenny, set my Tapes in the same config he described. I flew mission 06 last night, my FLIR saw the explosions but didn't get 100. I pointed the flir at WP3 but targeting the waypoint or do I need to do it another way. I didn't see my wingman's strike as I wasn't paying attention and flew at an angle that lost view. Is that a requirement too?

I didn't have an issue with the F14 hitting me once I removed wheel chocks.

Thanks

On 10/5/2022 at 1:05 PM, gutersnipe said:

Hi

I had the same issue as Kenny, set my Tapes in the same config he described. I flew mission 06 last night, my FLIR saw the explosions but didn't get 100. I pointed the flir at WP3 but targeting the waypoint or do I need to do it another way. I didn't see my wingman's strike as I wasn't paying attention and flew at an angle that lost view. Is that a requirement too?

I didn't have an issue with the F14 hitting me once I removed wheel chocks.

Thanks

I found a solution. Score 100 can be reach, only, if you are in AUTO mode recording.

I will upload mission walkthrough soon. 

Flying KENNY

Edit: here is the mission walkthrough 👍

https://youtu.be/cEvIL0vYBzI

Edited by KENNY1988
  • Thanks 1