F-80 Shooting star

upyr1

They had one in England and one in Italy, the one in England was in an accident and never flew or saw action, the one in Italy did fly, but saw no action. the P-80 did make it to the continent, the Meteor did not... Of course it's carer in England was not as bad.. LOL It's still a chase plane for some companies. I believe Boeing retired theirs about two or three years ago.

Cheers

Sempre Fortis

On 7/10/2022 at 9:17 PM, upyr1 said:

The first operational us jet fighter. 

Actually, the Bell P-59 was operational first, although used more as a trainer, with 30 examples delivered to the 412 Fighter Group on 1944.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

26 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Actually, the Bell P-59 was operational first, although used more as a trainer, with 30 examples delivered to the 412 Fighter Group on 1944.

I was thinking the p-59 was experimental to get experience with jets. 

1 hour ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

They had one in England and one in Italy, the one in England was in an accident and never flew or saw action, the one in Italy did fly, but saw no action. the P-80 did make it to the continent, the Meteor did not... Of course it's carer in England was not as bad.. LOL It's still a chase plane for some companies. I believe Boeing retired theirs about two or three years ago.

Cheers

The wwII career is definitely overshadowed by the Korean war.

A YP-80A for WWII scenarios and/or a F-80C for Korean War era would be great... Yes please!

On 7/13/2022 at 1:44 AM, 352nd_Hoss said:

Cheers

Small addendum. Two in England and two in Italy.

https://www.thisdayinaviation.com/tag/lockheed-yp-80a-shooting-star/

And the Meteor was deployed to the continent. Starting on 20th January 1945, 4 Meteors (F.3) were deployed to Melsbroek. More were deployed later... I'd also like to see the Meteor F1/F3 in DCS.

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3