Realistic flight model or arcade style ZX-Spectrum

curl64

Bought this plane. The advertisement says that the flight model is very good. What about the fact that the altimeter and speed indicator instantly change readings at the slightest movement of the control stick in pitch? This cannot be called the realism of the model !! It's a plastic toy!! It seems to me that I was deceived.

You don't have to tell fairy tales. I am a military aircraft engineer. I know a little about airplanes.

Edited by curl64
  • Like 2

Same thing with spitfire's altimeter and speed indicator.

But at least for me those gauges aren't exactly part of flight model. Part of aircraft systems i agree.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

🤣🤣🤣  Funnily enough that behaviour is realistic since instruments back then weren't nearly as reliable as modern day ones. Go see in cockpit videos of current airworthy Mosquitos to see it by yourself before coming to the forum to throw the zillionth "it's unrealistic cause I say so" thread.

As Grafspee says, Spitfire is the same. Maybe it's related to British instruments back then? :music_whistling:

• Like 3

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

35 минут назад, Ala13_ManOWar сказал:

🤣🤣🤣  Funnily enough that behaviour is realistic since instruments back then weren't nearly as reliable as modern day ones. Go see in cockpit videos of current airworthy Mosquitos to see it by yourself before coming to the forum to throw the zillionth "it's unrealistic cause I say so" thread.

As Grafspee says, Spitfire is the same. Maybe it's related to British instruments back then? :music_whistling:

Don't talk nonsense! You are not the boss here to tell me. I watched the video. The arrows do not jump in the devices as in the model.Otherwise, such devices would be thrown into the trash. Do you get paid to protect authors here?

Edited by curl64

2 minutes ago, curl64 said:

Don't talk nonsense! You are not the boss here to tell me. I watched the video. The arrows do not jump in the devices as in the model.Otherwise, such devices would be thrown into the trash. Do you get paid to protect authors here?

You must be new here.

Be aware that there’s a higher level of expectation here that you treat your fellow forum members in a respectful manner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb curl64:

Bought this plane. The advertisement says that the flight model is very good. What about the fact that the altimeter and speed indicator instantly change readings at the slightest movement of the control stick in pitch? This cannot be called the realism of the model !! It's a plastic toy!! It seems to me that I was deceived.

You don't have to tell fairy tales. I am a military aircraft engineer. I know a little about airplanes.

Very productive bug report... Sure this will help a lot...

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Could you try to paste plain text from your translation program? The way you do it makes the impression of yelling. Combine that with your demanding attitude and your kind of rude choice of words.....

You won't make many friends here - let alone be taken seriously.

Oh, btw - irony mode on -

I'm a rocket scientist and I tell you, without further proof, that everything is modelled to perfection!

- irony mode off -

Now we have a mexican standoff, eh? 😉

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 4

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Don't be silly. Just tone it down a bit and try to engage in a serious conversation.

See, the point is, that critics toward the flight model of any module is very (VERY) common and plentiful here in the forum. That's the reason that usually it is asked for proof (real proof, not just claiming to be an expert). Because otherwise we would have total chaos.

Everybody* here, has an opinion on flight models. Some are valid, some are wishful thinking, some are ignorant - but anyway, it is good practise to be more humble when bringing forward any "issues" - especially when there is no proof (yet).

*almost

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

2 hours ago, curl64 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Bad choice of words from automatic translator, perhaps you aren't understanding the other way around since you probably only read that as our answers. No I'm not the boss anywhere nor I tried to be, thanks :biggrin: .

I know you wouldn't read, and even if you try most probably you wouldn't understand, but I'll tell anyway. It was explained somewhere on these very forums that that behaviour is common in old instruments since they don't have whatever the device invented and used later to stabilize the readings. If you let free flow current alone the instrument readings are like that you mention since they point only direct readings with all the instant jumps all around happening in real time as one flies. Later instruments weren't like that, but Mosquito still had that kind, same as most British aeroplanes of the time hence Spitfire does too. They're trash for today standards? Yes, they are. Is it impossible to fly with those? No, it isn't. Is it cool to see that kind of simulation even for real instruments behaviour? Yes, it is a hell of a lot of coolness since no other simulation ever to my knowledge bothered to represent that ever until now 😜 .

• Like 3

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• ED Team
14 hours ago, curl64 said:

Please make a proper bug report as listed here you require only technical information about your bugs with supporting evidence and tracks. (insults not required).

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/124096-how-to-report-a-bug-faq-guide/

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png