Thrustmaster TARGET and Cougar MFDs

Finally got myself a pair of Cougar MFDs but can't figure out out how to use them with the TARGET scripting software. I went into the keybindings (F-16C Sim) and bound all the MFD keybinds to the virtual controller's "Joystick buttons". But, apparently, the same "Joystick button" is found both on the MFDs and on the HOTAS.

How do you create keybinds for the Cougars that does not interfere with the HOTAS? I found nothing in the TARGET manual for this, or am I just blind?

Edited by moggel

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

in all honesty, I only used target to assign the devices # number. I have 3 MFDs so they can´t be named the same. Other than that, I use DCS ingame options controllers for binding.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

2 hours ago, moggel said:

Finally got myself a pair of Cougar MFDs but can't figure out out how to use them with the TARGET scripting software. I went into the keybindings (F-16C Sim) and bound all the MFD keybinds to the virtual controller's "Joystick buttons". But, apparently, the same "Joystick button" is found both on the MFDs and on the HOTAS.

How do you create keybinds for the Cougars that does not interfere with the HOTAS? I found nothing in the TARGET manual for this, or am I just blind?

If you're using the DCS keybinding (like e.g. F-16C Sim) to assign key commands, then you shouldn't run Target beforehand and you'll get separate devices (i.e. TM Warthog Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, TM MFD 1 and TM MFD 2) that you assign respective DCS commands to.

If you're using Target, then you assign these in Target (e.g. key 'Y' which is defined in the F-16C Sim profile Keyboard column to some DCS F-16C function, you can assign it to some MFD button directly so when the Target profile is active, a press to that key will type Y whether in DCS or in Windows in general).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I'm using TARGET to emulate some extra axis, as well as assigning one key to SHIFT, allowing several buttons to have double functionality etc.

If I understand your advice correctly I need to create "keyboard" assignments for all MFD buttons? If so, what are their "script names"? The lower left switch on the throttle, for example, is called "EACON" / "EACOFF"  so I can use those names in the TARGET sript. But I haven't found any such names for the MFD buttons in the TARGET manual.

Edited by moggel

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

2 hours ago, moggel said:

assigning one key to SHIFT, allowing several buttons to have double functionality etc.

This part you can do within DCS, if that simplifies the process for you

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

hey to the OP could this be of interest ?:

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2