Missing buttons from TSD

FalcoGer

On the TSD main page, several buttons are missing as evidenced by [Rule 1.16].

• RPT (Report page) to send messages and request messages
  • REC (Receive) to view received messages
  • JAM to switch jammer between standby and oper (only displayed when jammer is on)

I'm aware those features are not yet implemented, however other not yet implemented features such as FARM reports in the COORD page are barred out instead of missing.

Edited by Raptor9
Rule 1.16 - citing specific pages/figures from restricted documentation

7 hours ago, FalcoGer said:

On the TSD main page, several buttons are missing as evidenced by [Rule 1.16]

• RPT (Report page) to send messages and request messages
  • REC (Receive) to view received messages
  • JAM to switch jammer between standby and oper (only displayed when jammer is on)

I'm aware those features are not yet implemented, however other not yet implemented features such as FARM reports in the COORD page are barred out instead of missing.

As you say, the REC and JAM labels rely on stuff that hasn’t been implemented. JAM only displayed when the Jammer is powered and REC only when there’s a (unread?) message in the IDM list. So excusable that they’re not there yet and/or not displayed.

RPT page is an important part of the datalink functionality though and I hope that it’s merely not been added yet. It’s the primary way of sending whole lists of waypoint/targets/FCR targets etc rather than just individual points one at a time. Hopefully it does get added when datalink is implemented (because ED could, in theory, simplify the IDM mechanism and not add it). 

now that i read it, it seems rather vague and limited.

"Data Link System to share and assign targets between flight members"

I'd rather have all the data link features. For example FARM reports will not be in the final release if you take this at face value but it would be helpful.

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” (Epicurus)

Not saying "do not wish for" stuff that may not be on the key features list so far. But this module will be a simulation as close to the real thing as it can be made. It wont be 100% exact to the real aircraft cause of (what i call) real world restraints/constraints. So give ED some time do flesh this out.

thy

K

• ED Team
1 hour ago, FalcoGer said:

now that i read it, it seems rather vague and limited.

if you take this at face value but it would be helpful.

Strictly speaking as a DCS player because I'm a recent addition to the team and I don't make any such decisions regarding the project, I'm not surprised it is as vague as it is.

After watching several forum meltdowns in recent years over feature plans and timelines changing in other modules, I wouldn't want to list every individual MPD page and datalink function either. Because heaven forbid one button on one page isn't added that was projected on the planned feature list. I've read all the arguments and debates many times about promises, early access, etc etc, and I understand that as well. But at some point, the word for word disection of the forums goes a bit too far and is actually counter-productive. It feeds a self-perpetuating thought spiral where a small group of people end up convincing themselves of anything based on a few words they read or didn't read.

It can be rather amusing to read for some (like me), but it can also become very counter-productive for others.

• Like 3

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head