George overlay moving/shifting screen when activated

Canemista

is this a thing or just some setting on my side?

whenever I open up AI overlay the screen moves a bit unless I look perfectly straight (haven't flown the apache for some time and just noticed this just this morning)

single monitor setup (1080p) with opentrack

here one can see how far the "view" moves when the overlay shows

unknown.png

Below is a dropbox link with video and a trk file

>link<

-----------UPDATE---------

it looks like the overlay is conflicting with headtracker as when without it (just turning head with keyboard) it doesn't happen but when turning any headtracking on (trackir, freetrack - different protocols) the view gets funky

and this happens only for AH-64 module 😞

Edited by Canemista
formatting, title fix, update

• ED Team

Judging from the screenshots, your view did in fact shift down and right between those screenshots, which is reflected by the FOV box shifting down and right. But it's difficult to judge using screenshots that are cropped.

I've yet to encounter such an issue.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

I have noticed this as well.  When I activate the AI overlay, the default head position is slightly shifted from my head position when it is off.

I have modified my default head position (SnapView 0) by raising the camera slightly, so it's possible the shift is related to that, and someone who hasn't modified that wouldn't notice a change?

26 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

Judging from the screenshots, your view did in fact shift down and right between those screenshots, which is reflected by the FOV box shifting down and right. But it's difficult to judge using screenshots that are cropped.

I've yet to encounter such an issue.

that is precisely why I've added a link to video and a trk file 

9 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

I have noticed this as well.  When I activate the AI overlay, the default head position is slightly shifted from my head position when it is off.

I have modified my default head position (SnapView 0) by raising the camera slightly, so it's possible the shift is related to that, and someone who hasn't modified that wouldn't notice a change?

I didn't change the Snapviews at all and the FOV is "defaulted". could it be that something changed after update... will clean up the view files and try again.. 

• Canemista changed the title to George overlay moving/shifting screen when activated
  • 2 weeks later...

Exact same issue here. The shift is the bigger the more you look sideways.

Edit: and nothing to do with the last update. Noticed this from first release. Was just assuming it's a setting with my 1440p. But seems unrelated to the resolution. No scaling options active for GUI.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I've got the same issue. Bringing up the George menu in the pilot seat and the view jumps slightly which is a little immersion breaking. The further to the side you are looking the more the view  jumps. Happens when I use TrackIR and only in the pilot seat, not in the front seat. If I pause TrackIR then the view does not jump. Not sure if its related but I'm running a multi-monitor setup. I wonder if there is not a jump in the front seat because the George menu appears on the opposite side? Hopefully ED can confirm this bug is on the list?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...