Data Cartridge for the F/A-18C Hornet

I got tired of having to set up my weapons and radar profiles every time I hopped in a new Hornet, so I came up with a solution, cockpit automation that simulates data cartridge functionality.

PLEASE NOTE, the 'AppData' folder is a hidden system file, you must have 'view>show>hidden items' enabled in Windows File Explorer to see it.

Hornet Automation.7z

Edited by rfxcasey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• rfxcasey changed the title to Data Cartridge for the F/A-18C Hornet

Good idea, I’ll check it out when I get back to my PC.

I must say though I was pretty excited to see the thread title thinking ED had finally implemented a data cartridge. 

We’ll played click bait…😆

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

6 minutes ago, Sarge55 said:

Good idea, I’ll check it out when I get back to my PC.

I must say though I was pretty excited to see the thread title thinking ED had finally implemented a data cartridge. 

We’ll played click bait…😆

I wasn't attempting to be deceptive honestly.

No worries 😉  I got a chuckle.

I’m sure when it happens it’ll be a Wags special video. 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

13 hours ago, Sarge55 said:

No worries 😉  I got a chuckle.

I’m sure when it happens it’ll be a Wags special video. 

Depending on how comprehensive, or which features the DCS cart will have, I might still be using this. Time will tell.

Edited by rfxcasey
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, pete_auau said:

well thats  the  fun of  it  setting  things  up in the  hornet  not  like  it  takes  that long  to do

In my opinion this doesn't take anything away from the immersion or enjoyment, it is a quality of life improvement. This was not meant as, or will suffice as, a substitute or shortcut for knowing how the systems work.

21 minutes ago, Dangerzone said:

Can this also load in data like waypoints, coordinates for strikes, etc from a cartridge / datafile, or have I misunderstood the purpose of a data cartridge? 

Unfortunately not at this time, however it might be theoretically possible. I personally don't find this to be much of a drawback if any but your needs and methods may differ. Waypoints are usually set by mission creators and can be converted to coordinates for munitions. I don't believe they are much help in many 24/7 PVP/PVE servers anyways. This generally just sets pilot/system customizations, which is better than nothing. If it helps, the keyboard file I provided maps the numpad to the UFC keypad to ease the entering of coordinate data for waypoints and munitions. This can be remapped to your liking as well.

Edited by rfxcasey

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...