Italian Armed Forces

Hawkeye60

Herein you will findl  Italian Armed forces mods.

Both mine, and Makindel's.

Anyone who wishes to add to this thread,

I will make it the "repository" Of Italian DCS Mods.

To start, I present,

Markindel's

Macchi C205V Veltro

The MC 205 "Veltro" (Italian for 'Greyhound") was Italy's best WW II fighter. It was introduced in 1943. The Veltro was developed in a similar way to the development of the P-51 Mustang. The Mustang as you know blended a superlative American airframe to the incomparable British Rolls Royce Merlin engine. The rest as they say is history.

The birth of the best Italian fighter plane of WW2, the Macchi C.205V Veltro was harassed by high authorities within the Italian Air Ministry who, for some reasons, preferred to support the all-new Fiat G.55 Centauro and Reggiane Re 2005 instead of moving ahead at a much faster pace with a natural development of an already well-established MC.202 Folgore.

In fact, the Macchi C.205V was designed to rectify a number of shortcomings which plagued its predecessor, principally its light armament. Sharing 80% commonality with the MC.202, the C.205 was re-designed with a German Daimler-Benz DB605 RC58 engine and was planned to have an armament of two Mauser cannon in the wings.

Powered by an original German engine, the first prototype flew for the first time on 19 April 1942. Immediate impressions were highly favourable, the aircraft appeared to perform much better than the C.202, and handled beautifully.

SpecificationsMC.205V    Specification
Type    single-seat fighter
Power plant    one license-built Daimler-Benz DB605A-1 (called Fiat RA1050 RC58 Tifone) engine with 1,475 hp
Accommodation    1
Wing span    34 ft 5.4 in (10.50 m)
Length overall    29 ft 0.4 in (8.85 m)
Height overall    10 ft (3.05 m)
Wing area    16.8 m²
Weight empty    5,572 lb (2,524 kg)
Weight full loaded    7,117 lb (3,224 kg)
Maximum speed    399 mph; 376 mph in 24,606 ft (642 km/hr; 605 km/hr in 7,500 m)
Climb rate    5.05 min to 19,685 ft (6,000 m)
Service ceiling    37,238 ft (11,350 m)
Range    646 miles (1,040 km)
Take-off-run    minimum 312 yds (285 m)
ArmamentMC.205V    Specification
in fuselage    2 x 12.7mm Breda-SAFAT machine guns (400 rounds each)
in wings    2 x Mauser MG151/20 (720 rpm; velocity 1,920 ft.sec; 250 rounds each)
external load    two bombs up to 353 lb (160 kg) or fuel tanks
Service statisticsMC.205V    Data
First flight    19 April 1942
Production delivery    October 1942
Service delivery    February 1943
First combat mission    April 7, 1943
Final delivery    May 1944
Total production figure    Total: 250

We hope you enjoy her!

There is MUCH more to come!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1iu0yqz1q1alsbl/WWII Macchi C.205V Veltro V3.0.zip?dl=0

Next up is the

Fiat CR-32

A model from Pedro used with permission.

Originally created by Happy Cavin,

Remade by yours truly for the current build.

The Fiat CR.32 was an Italian biplane fighter used in the Spanish Civil War and World War II. Designed by the aeronautical engineer Celestino Rosatelli, it was a compact, robust and highly maneuverable aircraft for its era, leading to it being a relatively popular fighter during the 1930s.

The CR.32 fought in North and East Africa, in Albania, and in the Mediterranean theater. It was extensively used in the Spanish Civil War, where it gained a reputation as one of the most outstanding fighter biplanes of all time. It also saw service in the air forces of China, Austria, Hungary, Paraguay and Venezuela. Furthermore, it frequently performed impressive displays all over Europe in the hands of the Italian Pattuglie Acrobatiche. During the late 1930s, the CR.32 was overtaken subsequently by more advanced monoplane designs; by the start of the Second World War, it was considered to be obsolete. While it had been superseded by a number of newer Italian fighters, including the newer Fiat CR.42 that had been derived from the CR.32, the type continued to be flown throughout the conflict.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z543t9pfhe07gtr/WWII Fiat CR-32 V 2.7.9.zip?dl=0

Screen-220717-134010.jpg

Screen-220717-134110.jpg

Screen-220717-060513.jpg

Screen-220717-060516.jpg

Screen-220717-060546.jpg

Moving forward in time, and getting down and dirty...

The B1 Centauro Tank.

The Centauro is a family of Italian military vehicles originating from a wheeled tank destroyer for light to medium territorial defense and tactical reconnaissance. It was developed by a consortium of manufacturers, the Società Consortile Iveco Fiat - OTO Melara (CIO). Iveco Fiat was tasked with developing the hull and propulsion systems while Oto Melara was responsible for developing the turrets and weapon systems.

Over the years, the Centauro platform has been developed into multiple variants to fulfill other combat roles, such as infantry fighting vehicle or self-propelled howitzer.

A mod by Markindel

Presented for your enjoyment!

Fully functional!

And deadly!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbu1pvuwze5hfbt/B1 Centauro Tank V2.7.9.zip?dl=0

Screen-220717-165030.png

Screen-220717-165357.png

nullnullBlindo-Centauro.jpg

Screen-220717-165033.png

Another fine Mod from Markindel.

The Fiat M15/42 tank.

The Carro Armato M15/42 was the last Italian medium tank produced during World War II. It was based on the earlier M13/40 and M14/41 medium tanks, and was built with the lessons from the North African Campaign in mind. The tank was meant to be a stopgap until the heavier P26/40 tank could be produced in numbers. It did not serve in North Africa, the theatre in which it was intended to operate, but served in Italy and in Yugoslavia with the German Wehrmacht.

Saved games install

OvGME ready.

Fully animated!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzsr2qrdetr1h68/WWII Fiat Ansaldo M1542.zip?dl=0

Screen-220721-185353.jpg

Screen-220721-185355.jpg

Screen-220721-185405.jpg

I would like to remind and point your attention to this thread for the Magusta Helicopter.  Mod, also from Mario.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/301879-hawkeyes-helicopter-shop/#comment-4998909

And, Another very nice Mod from the Master Mario!

The APC Italiano M113

When mentioning the M113 series of APCs it is difficult to avoid superlatives, for the type has become the most widely-produced and utilised APC of the Western World, Since production by FMC (now United Defense) commenced in 1960 well over 32,000 M113 s and its derivatives have been received by the US Army alone and the overall production total in 1992 had reached nearly 75,000 of all types; production seems set to continue both in the USA and with several licence-producers elsewhere.

Yet despite the huge number of variants and sub-variants, the base M113 APC remains a welded aluminium box-shaped hull set on an uncomplicated tracked chassis.

Over the years the size and weight of the vehicle has grown and numerous components have been altered to accommodate that growth but the basic outline has remained the same – the latest production model is the M113A3 with a longer hull, more armour, a more powerful engine, and a revised layout of items such as the fuel cells which are moved to the hull rear, either side of the main entry ramp.

On nearly all models the main armament has been a single 12.7 mm MG on a pintle over the commander’s cupola; sometimes this station is set behind a shield or small open turret but variations abound, as indeed they do for the entire M113 series.

Derivatives are legion, ranging from command posts (M577) to anti-tank vehicles armed with TOW ATGW turrets (M901), There are also mortar carriers (M125 for 81 mm, M1064 for 120 mm), smoke screen producing vehicles(M1059), numerous air defence missile and gun carriers, combat engineer vehicles, ambulances, recovery and repair vehicles, etc.

Today’s M113 fleet includes a mix of M113A2 and A3 variants and other derivatives equipped with the most recent RISE (Reliability Improvements for Selected Equipment) package. The standard RISE package includes an upgraded propulsion system (turbocharged engine and new transmission), greatly improved driver controls (new power brakes and conventional steering controls), external fuel tanks, and 200-amp alternator with four batteries. Additional A3 improvements include the incorporation of spall liners and provision for mounting external armor.

The future M113A3 fleet will include a number of vehicles that will have high speed digital networks and data transfer systems. The M113A3 digitization program includes applying appliqué hardware, software, and installation kits and hosting them in the M113 FOV.

The US Army stopped buying M113s in 2007, with 6,000 vehicles remaining in the inventory.

Many user nations have added their own variations and modifications, as have licence producers such as Belgium and Italy. M113s and variants are used by at least 48 countries.

Specification (M113A3) Crew: 2 Seating: 11 Weight: (combat) 12,150 kg Length: 5.3 m Width: 2.686m Height: (hull top) 1.85m Ground clearance: 0.43 m Track: 2.159m Max speed: (road) 66 km/h Fuel capacity: 360 litres Range: 480 km Fording: amphibious Vertical obstacle: 0.61 m Engine: Detroit Diesel 6V-53T V-6 diesel Power output: 275 hp Suspension: torsion bar Armament: 1 x 12.7 mm MG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3v2kziha2106km/APC Italiano M113 V1.0.zip?dl=0

Screen-220722-060309.jpg

Screen-220722-060337.jpg

I now present, a model by Pedro,

Mod by me!

The Breda Ba.65

The Breda Ba.65 was an Italian all-metal single-engine, low-wing monoplane used by Aviazione Legionaria during the Spanish Civil War and Regia Aeronautica in the first half of World War II. It was the only Italian ground-attack aircraft that saw active service in this role. It saw service almost exclusively in the North African and Middle-Eastern theatre. In addition to more than 150 aircraft operated by the Italian forces, a total of 55 were exported and used by the air forces of Iraq, Chile and Portugal.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qutobdgds7lcq04/WWII Breda Ba-65 V2.7.9.zip?dl=0

Screen-220722-084958.jpg

Screen-220722-085035.jpg

Screen-220722-085111.jpg

Reserved for future goodness!

Reserved

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

48 minutes ago, Hawkeye60 said:

Herein you will findl  Italian Armed forces mods.

Both mine, and Makindel's.

Anyone who wishes to add to this thread,

I will make it the "repository" Of Italian DCS Mods.

To start, I present,

Markindel's

Macchi C205V Veltro

The MC 205 "Veltro" (Italian for 'Greyhound") was Italy's best WW II fighter. It was introduced in 1943. The Veltro was developed in a similar way to the development of the P-51 Mustang. The Mustang as you know blended a superlative American airframe to the incomparable British Rolls Royce Merlin engine. The rest as they say is history.

The birth of the best Italian fighter plane of WW2, the Macchi C.205V Veltro was harassed by high authorities within the Italian Air Ministry who, for some reasons, preferred to support the all-new Fiat G.55 Centauro and Reggiane Re 2005 instead of moving ahead at a much faster pace with a natural development of an already well-established MC.202 Folgore.

In fact, the Macchi C.205V was designed to rectify a number of shortcomings which plagued its predecessor, principally its light armament. Sharing 80% commonality with the MC.202, the C.205 was re-designed with a German Daimler-Benz DB605 RC58 engine and was planned to have an armament of two Mauser cannon in the wings.

Powered by an original German engine, the first prototype flew for the first time on 19 April 1942. Immediate impressions were highly favourable, the aircraft appeared to perform much better than the C.202, and handled beautifully.

SpecificationsMC.205V    Specification
Type    single-seat fighter
Power plant    one license-built Daimler-Benz DB605A-1 (called Fiat RA1050 RC58 Tifone) engine with 1,475 hp
Accommodation    1
Wing span    34 ft 5.4 in (10.50 m)
Length overall    29 ft 0.4 in (8.85 m)
Height overall    10 ft (3.05 m)
Wing area    16.8 m²
Weight empty    5,572 lb (2,524 kg)
Weight full loaded    7,117 lb (3,224 kg)
Maximum speed    399 mph; 376 mph in 24,606 ft (642 km/hr; 605 km/hr in 7,500 m)
Climb rate    5.05 min to 19,685 ft (6,000 m)
Service ceiling    37,238 ft (11,350 m)
Range    646 miles (1,040 km)
Take-off-run    minimum 312 yds (285 m)
ArmamentMC.205V    Specification
in fuselage    2 x 12.7mm Breda-SAFAT machine guns (400 rounds each)
in wings    2 x Mauser MG151/20 (720 rpm; velocity 1,920 ft.sec; 250 rounds each)
external load    two bombs up to 353 lb (160 kg) or fuel tanks
Service statisticsMC.205V    Data
First flight    19 April 1942
Production delivery    October 1942
Service delivery    February 1943
First combat mission    April 7, 1943
Final delivery    May 1944
Total production figure    Total: 250

We hope you enjoy her!

There is MUCH more to come!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1iu0yqz1q1alsbl/WWII Macchi C.205V Veltro V3.0.zip?dl=0

Screen-220717-060513.jpg

Screen-220717-060516.jpg

Screen-220717-060546.jpg

Reserved for future goodness!

Reserved

Fighissimo! Any chance to have it flyable? 

BTW still needs some rework on the propeller, looks off center in my DCS OB...

Thanks

Edited by Fab8ball

Finally! 👍

Not the "Thank you here is some gold" I was expecting!🤣

But I agree,

Sadly lacking in the mod dept.

We will correct that oversight!

May I remind everyone of the Italian Naval Squadron, here,

Fighissimo! Any chance to have it flyable? 

I tuoi desideri sono ordini!

😄

I will correct the prop asap.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmwsajqfe184qnm/Mod Macchi205 OvGME V3.0.zip?dl=0

Please note, this mod is a "parasite" mod!

it attaches itself to its host, the P-51, And uses all its resources without the host ever knowing!

As such, the `P-51 needs to be owned and installed.

And, this is a main sim install, NOT a saved games install.

Please make not of your file structure if it does not work

Set up for OvGME on my system.

Enjoy!

So who's wrapped their dash - Page 3 - The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

First post up-dated!

The Fiat CR-32 has arrived!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hawkeye60 said:

Not the "Thank you here is some gold" I was expecting!🤣

But I agree,

Sadly lacking in the mod dept.

We will correct that oversight!

May I remind everyone of the Italian Naval Squadron, here,

I tuoi desideri sono ordini!

😄

I will correct the prop asap.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmwsajqfe184qnm/Mod Macchi205 OvGME V3.0.zip?dl=0

Please note, this mod is a "parasite" mod!

it attaches itself to its host, the P-51, And uses all its resources without the host ever knowing!

As such, the `P-51 needs to be owned and installed.

And, this is a main sim install, NOT a saved games install.

Please make not of your file structure if it does not work

Set up for OvGME on my system.

Enjoy!

So who's wrapped their dash - Page 3 - The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

Fantastico! Grazie un milione, seguo i tuoi post con molta attenzione e apprezzo moltissimo il tuo lavoro e mod! A proposito, hai x cso avuto modo di migliorare l'Horten? 

First post up-dated!

The goodness continues!

Fantastico! Grazie un milione, seguo i tuoi post con molta attenzione e apprezzo moltissimo il tuo lavoro e mod! A proposito, hai x cso avuto modo di migliorare l'Horten? 

You may send me a PM about this. There is a thread for this mod.

And other unusual WWII aircraft.

Lets keep this one  all about the  Italian military.

there is a lot of material to cover!😉

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Italian_Army

First post up-dated!

We have another tank!

• Thanks 1

First post up-dated!

We have another tank!

• Thanks 1

First post up-dated!

The Breda Ba.65 is reporting for duty!

• Like 1

Bello! would it be possible to have a flyable version of this one too? Grazie!

Yes it is!

Install the same as the 205

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o653dhemm65ni88/Mod WWII Breda Ba-65 OvGME V3.0.zip?dl=0

FYI, I am unable to test this mod.

Let me know if issues arise.

Aloha,

A small modification for the pilot and shooter view :

Thank you @Marroux!

We appreciate your assist!

Been off line from a HD fail. posting from a antique win 7 pc!

There will be a slight pause in modding.....

VA CA is coming!

Cheers!

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hawkeye60 said:

Yes it is!

Install the same as the 205

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o653dhemm65ni88/Mod WWII Breda Ba-65 OvGME V3.0.zip?dl=0

FYI, I am unable to test this mod.

Let me know if issues arise.

Thank you @Marroux!

We appreciate your assist!

Been off line from a HD fail. posting from a antique win 7 pc!

There will be a slight pause in modding.....

VA CA is coming!

Cheers!

Grazieee! But unfortunately the flyable version does  not work - it crashes the cockpit and other views at mission launch - maybe please test it whenever you can on your DCS to see if you may have the same issue too, Thanks

Edited by Fab8ball