Okinawa Map + surrounding islands

CarbonFox

I think this would have alot of potential as it has both historical and modern relevance.

Obviously with a modern setting, you have already:

Kadena AB

MCAS Futenma

JASDF Naha.

NCIS Case Files Reveal U.S. Military Sex Crimes in Okinawa

okinawa.PNG

• Like 4

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to see Okinawa, but for me, it would seem to be more sensible to mix it in with parts of south Japan.

Iwo Jima is massively closer to the Marianas islands, i.e. 1300km, and could be added to the map we already have.

• Like 3

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

15 hours ago, Baltic Dude said:

Iwo Jima makes more sense than Okinawa...

Duder, Iwo Jima lasted a week, with the USN and USMC, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall if there where any big Naval, or air engagements at Iwo?... Okinawa was over 80 days long with a running battle at sea and in the air too. The USN, USMC, USA are the main US brances, the RN had five Carriers, two BB's, seven Light Cruisers, fourteen Destroyers. Corsairs, Hellcats, Avengers, Helldivers, and the RN A/C on their carriers. Okinawa ran from April 1st, to June 21st, and we get to sink the Yamato. The engagements that comprise the Battle of the Philippines Sea are of great interest too. Three running battles, Battle of the Philippines Sea, (June 19/20) Battle of Leyte Gulf, and it's Battle of Suragao Straights, San Bernardino Straights, Oct. 24, 25, 1944, and we get to sink the Musashi, and survive incessant Kamikaze attacks. And there is land mass in the P.I. where the IJA medium bombers can launch from, or for us to attack. New Guinea, Guadalcanal... all good for early plane sets.

Edited by 352nd_Hoss
  • Like 2

Sempre Fortis

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2022 at 3:55 AM, 352nd_Hoss said:

Duder, Iwo Jima lasted a week, with the USN and USMC, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall if there where any big Naval, or air engagements at Iwo?... Okinawa was over 80 days long with a running battle at sea and in the air too. The USN, USMC, USA are the main US brances, the RN had five Carriers, two BB's, seven Light Cruisers, fourteen Destroyers. Corsairs, Hellcats, Avengers, Helldivers, and the RN A/C on their carriers. Okinawa ran from April 1st, to June 21st, and we get to sink the Yamato. The engagements that comprise the Battle of the Philippines Sea are of great interest too. Three running battles, Battle of the Philippines Sea, (June 19/20) Battle of Leyte Gulf, and it's Battle of Suragao Straights, San Bernardino Straights, Oct. 24, 25, 1944, and we get to sink the Musashi, and survive incessant Kamikaze attacks. And there is land mass in the P.I. where the IJA medium bombers can launch from, or for us to attack. New Guinea, Guadalcanal... all good for early plane sets.

I agree completely with your logic. 

Just talking about map sizes and locations, Okinawa is fairly close to the Japanese mainland, and would probably be best covered by a map covering a an area that would hopefully include elements of southern Japan.  It would be a big piece of work.

My comment about Iwo Jima was aimed at BD.  From a geographic perspective, it's vaguely close to the Marianas, and with a bit of a stretch of the map, could probably be added.

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.