Korean era historic mission

upyr1

5 hours ago, upyr1 said:

I know our Corsair didn't serve in Korea but a couple missions where we risk running into a MiG-15 would be cool 

Can definitely make some CAS missions, saving those GIs and Marines.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

there is a mission i have. not sure where it came from. it has mustangs providing CAS. i was flying f-86. mig-15s are chasing the mustangs all over. its pretty funny because they have a hard time getting them.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• 3 months later...
On 7/17/2022 at 10:40 PM, upyr1 said:

I know our Corsair didn't serve in Korea but a couple missions where we risk running into a MiG-15 would be cool 

It did serve in Korea. The F4U-4 and F4U-5 were there. I know this because I was in VF-32. That is the squadon the upcoming film 'Devotion' is based on. Also there is this article and many, many other references. https://theaviationgeekclub.com/f4u-vs-mig-15-the-story-of-how-the-wwii-corsair-became-a-mig-killer/

Edited by SOLIDKREATE

1 hour ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

It did serve in Korea. The F4U-4 and F4U-5 were there. I know this because I was in VF-32. That is the squadon the upcoming film 'Devotion' is based on. Also there is this article and many, many other references. https://theaviationgeekclub.com/f4u-vs-mig-15-the-story-of-how-the-wwii-corsair-became-a-mig-killer/

I know the Corsair did but I thought the version were were getting didn't as it was an early model.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, upyr1 said:

I know the Corsair did but I thought the version were were getting didn't as it was an early model.

Oh yeah, about 7 years earlier. I beleive. I would really like an F4U-4 or -5. I already have the restricted F4U-4, -4B manual. I alos have an 800+ page illustrated parts breakdown. This variant had two engine options as well. They had the R-2800-18W and the -42W. The one we are getting is the -8W if I am not mistaken.

AN 01-45HB-01.png

Edited by SOLIDKREATE
  • Like 2