Frederf

Requesting ATC permission via ___ and their results:

• UHF, yes
  • VHF AM, yes
  • VHF FM, no
  • Intercom with UHF tuned, yes
  • Intercom with VHF AM tuned, yes
  • Intercom with FM tuned, no

The events marked in red aren't correct behavior. Without keying MIC switch down UHF communication with ATC must not happen (similar VHF AM). VHF FM radio with Batumi (40.4 MHz) is impossible even when using the radio.

Noticed also keying MIC forward while intercom selector is on FM and HF positions result in the F1-F12 text menu appearing. It would be best if no menu appeared in these cases or possibly Interphone as the device type (not blank).

A10C2 ATC Intercom.trk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

Im not sure what intercom is, but im having the same issue trying to communicate with ATC (and campaign triggers). The correct freq is tuned because when i cant get them, i taxi anyway, ATC will say "taxi to RW___". but i can never get through, i then had correct freq for a convoy i had to contact, and pressed space, nothing. Current build is the buggiest ive ever seen DCS tbh

• 5 weeks later...

I think the concept behind showing the menu even if you’ve keyed the wrong radio is that it mimics real life.  Nothing stops you from speaking after you’ve keyed the wrong radio, so the burden is on you to confirm radio usage before transmitting.  In multiplayer it will broadcast as well so you can hear the unintended broadcast and correct the caller.

I’m mot following what you mean when you say “Intercom with UHF tuned”?  The intercom control panel rotary affects only the front mic switch.  Aft and down positions are unaffected.  Not 100% sure DCS has the modelled correctly, but thats my understanding of how it should work.

UHF for tower comms would be most common in USAF as far as I know, so stick to UHF for best results.

• Like 1

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

On 7/19/2022 at 1:27 AM, Frederf said:
  • VHF FM, no

VHF FM radio with Batumi (40.4 MHz) is impossible even when using the radio.

Batumi has the following in the Radio.lua:

frequency = {[HF] = {MODULATIONTYPE_AM, 4250000.000000}, [UHF] = {MODULATIONTYPE_AM, 260000000.000000}, [VHF_HI] = {MODULATIONTYPE_AM, 131000000.000000}, [VHF_LOW] = {MODULATIONTYPE_AM, 40400000.000000}};

As you will notice, the ATC is using VHF AM 40.4MHz, not FM as suggested.

12 hours ago, Chump said:

As you will notice, the ATC is using VHF AM 40.4MHz, not FM as suggested.

Interesting. I guess that's why there's no response on FM then.

Too bad we can't dial 40.4 on the VHF AM radio (without getting an annoying constant beeping tone, and still no response from ATC). 😉