M13 Freeze on RTB

CH4Pz

So ive completed the combat part of this mission a couple times now, but as i RTB i get no "switch marshal calls" or anything, basically the report status is the last comm, then within 50 i just switch to marshall and use standard radios, but both times the whole game freezes up. i never get it anywhere else in the game, only this mission at that point.

I also noticed the scoring wasnt accurate, when i reported he said i got 2 migs and a brushback, but i killed the 2 migs (didnt hit space for wingman), the high hitter and 2 brushbacks myself, i understand this is probably a DCS issue but just thought id report it anyway

• Like 1

Hey, Do you have any mods enabled? Most of the people didn't have any problems with the mission and those that did in many instances had some 3rd party mods installed that can affect some of the mission. I cannot reproduce any of the reported CTDs and freezes on my end..

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

3 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

Hey, Do you have any mods enabled? Most of the people didn't have any problems with the mission and those that did in many instances had some 3rd party mods installed that can affect some of the mission. I cannot reproduce any of the reported CTDs and freezes on my end..

Not really, i did get the DCS UFC app recently, although i wasnt using it at the time of the freeze, i also have the civilian/military aircraft mods. Will remove the UFC stuff see if it changes, an report back

5 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

So i removed the files for the DCS UFC app and the mission allowed me to finish, but i think there maybe something else going on, not just this campaign either. There seems to be A LOT of broken triggers, in all the campaigns atm. This mission alone, ive had several times AI dont get the SA6, one time the F14 just launched, ive had so many voices either not triggering at all, or even triggering late, the "switch blade" convo at the start fires at the same time as role call, this last time i pulled up on the damaged plane and got no more voices, but other times i report bda etc. might be something worth bringing up with ED cuz you ccampaign makers are just chasing your tails otherwise (such as blade mission).

Hi!

I just had the same problem. I have no mods or whatsoever installed.

It happened to me after we were cleared RTB and right after I switched to Marshal and called the standard ATC

(and I haven't been ordered to the tanker, as written in the briefing designer notes).

Edited by Hedge
  • Like 1

My configuration: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, ROG Crosshair X570 VIII Hero, AMD RX6800XT, 64GB DDR4-3600, Hotas TM Warthog, HP reverb G2

8 hours ago, Hedge said:

Hi!

I just had the same problem. I have no mods or whatsoever installed.

It happened to me after we were cleared RTB and right after I switched to Marshal and called the standard ATC.

yeh i didnt see how that app on my phone would crash it, maybe i just got lucky the time it worked. Something weird with DCS triggers atm, latest build seems even more unstable

I just encountered a broken trigger in M13.  There were no more comms after Weed was hit and we were told to bug West.  I flew in formation all the way to the divert field without hearing another radio message, so at that point I just decided to land there.

9 hours ago, ClydeBigBird said:

I just encountered a broken trigger in M13.  There were no more comms after Weed was hit and we were told to bug West.  I flew in formation all the way to the divert field without hearing another radio message, so at that point I just decided to land there.

i had similar thing, couple times for memory, but how far from him were you? i found if i wasnt formed on him (i was a bit higher looking down on him when didnt work) by the time the other hornet takes over it didnt seem to work, although i didnt really test it much as wasnt game breaking. The correct way, you form on him then i think cag takes over and follows him to divert, you get cleared rtb and then they discuss BDA on way back, never got a switch marshall anytime so not sure if thats meant to be part that didnt work either? 

I had the exact same freeze situation occur in Mission 8 twice in a row. I was just inside 50 miles from mother, hit the com switch - com1 radio menu button and DCS froze. I'll also post this along with my log file in the Mission 8 thread. Only mod I have installed is Tacview and it was disabled.

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT

• 3 weeks later...

Just happened to me in M1 after the AAR. When I heard Departure asking to switch to Marshall, I did hit before the top right message. As soon as the message popped, the game froze.

Haven't had a DCS CTD for weeks, in solo or MP. 

Only mods : F14 clear view (cockpit texture mod) and a self-made FA18 coutermesure prog lua. Tacview installed.

dcs.log

Edited by Zarma

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• 2 weeks later...