why does my DCS launcher randomly forget my saved login data?

PSYKOnz

Sorry, I should have been more specific

Im talking about the box that pops up for your user name and password before you get into the game, I've had mine set to remember password and auto login but every now and then it seems to forget my info

I'm assuming that it's normal but this time I thought I would ask If there was an actual reason 

Edited by PSYKOnz

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

19 minutes ago, PSYKOnz said:

I'm assuming that it's normal but this time I thought I would ask If there was an actual reason

Why do you ignore the questions which probably can solve your issue?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

So you make no manually changes to the saved games\dcs files in the mean time? Any hardware or major system changes?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Not that I can think of, I did unplug some of my controlers for a bit of cleaning but didn't play DCS while they were out, other than that nothing 

Edited by PSYKOnz

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

The file which contains your credentials is "Saved Games/DCS.../Config/network.vault". Whenever that happens to you, please ensure the file does exist. If it's gone, you need to know what deletes it.

Edited by Flappie
typo

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I don't think so.

An idea came to mind: write-protect this file ("Read-only" access) and wait for some program to complain because it cannot delete it anymore. I've just tried it on my end and DCS is not pissed by the Read-only status (the file only changes if you change your credentials).

Just don't forget to remove the Read-only protection when you'll want to change your credentials. 😉

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.