Issue with July 5th firmware- users beware!

dburne

Nope still showing up as MCG Pro grip rather than Ultimate. I was hopeful as I did not remember hitting default button after flashing thought maybe that had something to do with it. Also checked it right after flashing and calibrating to insure it was not related to loading my previously saved profile and still no go. New firmware always shows mine as MCG Pro rather than Ultimate. I just imported my saved DCS settings from the Ultimate grip and that saved me having to re-assign all my buttons as the two grips are pretty much the same as far as buttons go.

So I am just going to leave it with this latest firmware and bite my tongue every time I see it listed in DCS as MCG Pro grip. Perhaps the next firmware upgrade will fix it back who knows. I have spent enough time already on this thing, time to fly some more lol.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The problem is as with VKB stick starts with a blank and technically thats "illegal" in windows file explorer, and when you do any folder manipulation in the DCS folder it removes the whitespace infront of the VKB device.  I told them this is a massive problem for years now, however the VKB guy on HOTAS/HOSAS/Simpit discord said they are aware however they are afraid if they change it now, that people that have it working, that if they would update to a newer firmware which doesn't have it, it won't anymore for them so they rather don't do that as of now as they want to come up with something better. I explained my concern that every new customer that is buying their devices and copies files around keeps losing their config, but welp, its not on me. You can deal with it fairly straightforward in joypro, but if you don't want to use it. You do you. 

Have a nice day!

47 minutes ago, GottHold said:

The problem is as with VKB stick starts with a blank and technically thats "illegal" in windows file explorer, and when you do any folder manipulation in the DCS folder it removes the whitespace infront of the VKB device.  I told them this is a massive problem for years now, however the VKB guy on HOTAS/HOSAS/Simpit discord said they are aware however they are afraid if they change it now, that people that have it working, that if they would update to a newer firmware which doesn't have it, it won't anymore for them so they rather don't do that as of now as they want to come up with something better. I explained my concern that every new customer that is buying their devices and copies files around keeps losing their config, but welp, its not on me. You can deal with it fairly straightforward in joypro, but if you don't want to use it. You do you. 

It was really no hassle importing my DCS settings back in for the stick/grip and all is well now. Just DCS mis-identifying it gets on my nerves, but all working ok with very little effort. I guess cause the buttons between Ultimate and MCG Pro are virtually the same.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 7/20/2022 at 2:10 PM, okopanja said:

E.g. I own the Gladiator EVO, and would like to see better macro support.

Have you tried the MACRO wizard in DevCFg, under Profile?

Spoiler

Is relative easy to set, just delay settings for key press is misleading labeled as "REPEAT".

You can set up to 118 macros, can chain one MACRO with another.

E.g. in ARMA3 Wasteland mode the eject from planes, heli require type "Ctrl+V", then hit "Enter" for confirm. PITA when a IR missile have locked your plane.

For solve this I set a MACRO for VKB Gladiator Mk.II button #13.

First change this button for TEMPO mode (steep not needed), so short press is normal DX button 13, and the long press fire the MACRO.

VKB-Macro1.jpg

If your MACRO need more than 4 key press (Action#) continue in the next line.

The only trick is that your next MACRO will be not necessarily the  #2, but the number of the line used for start this MACRO.

If your first MACRO use 10 key press, will take the first 4 lines.

So the second MACRO will by # 5, and so on.

If your MACRO have more than one keypress sequence, for set a pause between one sequence and another use the VOID function in one cell. So the first sequence end, and start the following. 

After set an MACRO in the Buttons tab link a button for fire this MACRO. And of course enable Keyboard in Global tab.

Edited by Sokol1_br