WWII Marianas Map

DishDoggie

We all hope 🤣 . Since it's ED's, which happens to be the main company and not just a happy trigger third party, I wouldn't know why anybody could think they just changed their minds about this map of which we've already seen screenshots and all and decide, "hey, on a second thought, let's ditch all the work we've done so far" 😅.

• Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Looking forward as well, for WWII Pacific & also possibly Vietnam missions (since we are desperate for Vietnam scenarios)

Screenshots from WIP (March 2022) & video from HIP Games (WIP Japanese Assets at 7.54) from Leatherneck. Hopefully free add-on like South Atlantic assets?

In_Dev_11.03.2022.1.jpg

In_Dev_11.03.2022.2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWSr4AlhsCY&t=489s

Edited by ggrewe
updated video link
  • Like 3

Thank You. And I do not think ED would "forget about it" but stop working on it to finish the AH-64D they talked about when this map was talked about and the AH-64D is Finished to put out for sale but the Map is not.  Lack of any Current official news or update stories or pictures on the map, is the only reason I went looking and why I was asking about it. I am very happy lots of other people are still looking forward to this Awesome Map. Rodger That Ghost Rider. Huey Lover over VC village go boom boom all night long Joe.

Edited by DishDoggie
  • Like 2

To my knowledge, map teams aren't usually related to other development areas. No need to stop a thing because they have to finish Apache.

• Like 3

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

4 minutes ago, Tree_Beard said:

I like to imagine the map is done but they are holding out to drop it at the same time as the Corsair and a surprise Hellcat module. 

Surprise Hellcat module?? I certainly hope so!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mogster said:

On the ACS podcast recently M3’s Hiromachi did say he has a collection of Japanese (and Russian) documents…

He does indeed. 🙂

He's been heavily into Japanese aircraft etc going back a long time now.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2022 at 3:57 PM, Tree_Beard said:

I like to imagine the map is done but they are holding out to drop it at the same time as the Corsair and a surprise Hellcat module. 

This is along the same lines as to what my guess would be. The incoming WWII Pacific Theater stuff represents the biggest addition DCS WWII will have seen in a long time. Makes sense that it deserves a special mention.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 11:22 AM, Mogster said:

I’d be very surprised if 2 modules are released close together. Just makes no commercial sense.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I could maybe see two modules released simultaneously with a special bundle deal at release. People who only want one of the two modules when they come out probably have a high likelihood of eventually buying the other one later at full price. 

Is there any precedent for ED to release multiple things at once or has that never happened? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2022 at 6:09 PM, Tree_Beard said:

Is there any precedent for ED to release multiple things at once or has that never happened?

P-47D and The Channel were released in the same update.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 4 months later...
On 7/25/2022 at 1:57 PM, Tree_Beard said:

Yeah Baby! Where's my wallet?

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU