How long will the F1 be in early acess ?

cmbaviator

Hello pilots,

Do we know for how long the F1 will be Early Access until v1.0 ? 6 months, 1-2 years ?

Will the other variants come after the the F1 CE reached v1.0 or some will come during the development of the CE ?

Is there a roadap regarding the upcomming features to be added ?

Thanks

Exactly 1 year 4 month 2 weeks 6 days 16 hours 32 minutes and 24 seconds.

You will not get an answer to this question... because the devs also dont know it. There are too many factors influencing this.

Every module in DCS is in EA for a few years.

Edited by Rhinozherous
  • Like 3

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

You've been in the forums long enough to know early access more or less never takes just months, assuming you weren't just lurking and was actively in DCS 🙂

Hind seems almost complete, and that took slightly over a year assuming it leaves EA in one of these months. That is one of the quickest I remember in DCS since late 2013 when I started using it.

Considering F1 will include 4 variants, and is the first complex jet from Aerges, I would assume it will take a bit, but not even devs themselves can answer the question you ask.

As for a roadmap, in a recent ED newsletter, Aerges' current plans were shared: Finishing remaining systems on CE, creating INS NAV system and refueling systems to release EE, working on multicrew and giving BE, and starting work on M. If you expect a roadmap with dates, let me tell you, that you are expecting the wrong thing 🙂

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

7 hours ago, cmbaviator said:

That's insane !

If you think about it, the f-16 was released back in fall of 2019 and has been in EA since. Granted, the F-16 is a more modern and therefore advanced jet compared to the f-1, it still shows that these modules are in EA for a long time (being years) before they are truly "complete".

Edited by JOYFUL_CLOVR

Specs: i7-11700k, RTX 3070 Ti, 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD

Squadron:

Capture.PNG

2 minutes ago, JOYFUL_CLOVR said:

If you think about it, the f-16 was released back in fall of 2019 and has been in EA since. Granted, the F-16 is a more modern and therefore advanced jet compared to the f-1, it still shows that these modules are in EA for along time (being years) before they are truly "complete".

I see. I come from P3D, XP11, MSFS where developpers almost never put their products in EA, i dont think that the community will appreciate developpers putting aircraft in EA that still need years to developp.

For example the IXEG B737-300 took 5 years to developp and was released at V1.0, the FSLABS A320 took 6 years to developp and was also release at V1.0.

It's seems that its only in DCS where add ons can stay for years in early Acess. Not complaining, I wish that developpers on Xp11, MSFS 2020 would do early access so that we dont have to wait for half a decade to get study level aircraft.

49 minutes ago, cmbaviator said:

I see. I come from P3D, XP11, MSFS where developpers almost never put their products in EA, i dont think that the community will appreciate developpers putting aircraft in EA that still need years to developp.

For example the IXEG B737-300 took 5 years to developp and was released at V1.0, the FSLABS A320 took 6 years to developp and was also release at V1.0.

It's seems that its only in DCS where add ons can stay for years in early Acess. Not complaining, I wish that developpers on Xp11, MSFS 2020 would do early access so that we dont have to wait for half a decade to get study level aircraft.

In the end, the only proper way to enjoy DCS in general is to concentrate on what's already included in chosen aircraft, making the most out of it, and not think too much about what's not included or what's bugged.

Years-lasting bugs, glitches and EA-periods are "trademark" of DCS and you just have to get used to it. That's how things work here. As long as you are "glass half full" type of a guy, you'll spend many rewarding hours in this sim.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yes indeed, just very different philosophy between DCS and the Civil airliner on other platform.

I bought the mirage 2000 back in the day but never flew it and i was shocked how its still being developped currently and its now ver very complete.

59 minutes ago, medway said:

Is the current price going to be available all the way until it's out of EA? The Steam page says the sale ends on July 28th but I'm assuming that's just down to Steam sales rules?

Nope, only until released on stable, which can take some time, or be next week. Steam dates are Steam policy, but except happy coincidences never real.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice