It's Mirage F1, not F-1

Mig Fulcrum

Yes I mentioned that as well in the comments on the launch trailer...

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

21 ore fa, Lieuie ha scritto:

The funny thing is that in the text below in the shop it is mentioned as F1.

You know what's even funnier?

They changed the title and the thumbnail of the release video to F1

BUT

They also changed the text you said to F-1

Looks like they didn't know what's correct

Edited by Mig Fulcrum
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Kokomakak said:

F1... F-1...Does it really matter? It's not like Dassault will come knocking.... or will they?

GIGN, ouvre la porte!

• Like 2

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

On 7/21/2022 at 7:20 PM, Mig Fulcrum said:

Maybe I'm wrong but shouldn't it be called F1 and not F-1?

Because right now on the ED shop and in the launch trailer video title it is called F-1.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong of course.

You're right 😇

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Nitpicking at its best 🙄

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

23 hours ago, ataribaby said:

Boxart Mirage F.1CT/CR 80111 Kitty Hawk

Have one of those in my stash, I wouldn't know why all of a sudden the urge to take it out and start building has been raising these days… 🤣  TBH I already took it out a couple times this week to check a few things 😅 .

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

On 7/27/2022 at 4:21 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Nitpicking at its best 🙄

I don't really see the problem in correcting errors and I'm not really bothered about how small they might be. Fortunately Aerges has this correct in the unit listing and just about everywhere else.

Especially when there's a plane that's actually called the F-1, the Mitsubishi F-1 - which is the first thing that comes up when I search for "F-1 plane".

If ED had called the F-16 "F1-6" I'm pretty confident people would've spoken about it.

While we're at it:

• There's no such thing as a MiG-29A, it's just MiG-29 (we've got the 9-12 MiG-29). Same for the Su-25 (though that's named correctly).
  • AWACS -> AEW&C (or AEW for short). AWACS means Airborne Warning and Control System, which is specifically the system installed on the E-3 Sentry and E-767. Calling every AEW&C aircraft an AWACS is like calling every interceptor a Foxbat or like calling every attack helicopter an Apache. AWACS also doesn't make sense as a task if you spell it out - the last letter is "system". An aircraft conducting Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) makes sense - an aircraft conducting Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) does not.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 7

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Need to get my hands on that Kitty Hawk CT/CR. It's a shame they went out of business. I heard their kits had major issues, but their SH-2F that I'm currently working on isn't that bad. I stupidly got their 1/32 M2000D/N despite not having enough workspace to build such a monster haha.

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Northstar98 said:
  • AWACS -> AEW&C (or AEW for short). AWACS means Airborne Warning and Control System, which is specifically the system installed on the E-3 Sentry and E-767. Calling every AEW&C aircraft an AWACS is like calling every interceptor a Foxbat or like calling every attack helicopter an Apache. AWACS also doesn't make sense as a task if you spell it out - the last letter is "system". An aircraft conducting Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) makes sense - an aircraft conducting Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) does not.

Man, have you tried to pronounce AEW&C phonetically out loud? Don’t do it in public, someone may panic and give you a Heimlich maneuver.

AWACS just rolls off the tongue.

Edited by Bozon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

18 hours ago, Bozon said:

Man, have you tried to pronounce AEW&C phonetically out loud? Don’t do it in public, someone may panic and give you a Heimlich maneuver.

It's not really that bad at all - especially seeing as its perfectly fine to shorten it to AEW, there it's no different whatsoever to FBI, CIA or RAF.

Apache rolls off the tounge much better than attack helicopter, but I reckon if I called a Mi-28 an Apache someone might glass me.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.