Afterburner detent

The afterburner start at 54% of my throttle stick. Is it normal?

thanks in advance

best regards

Rem27

• Like 2

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

A -9 curve worked for mine.

I think you lose the full range of the throttle if you use saturation to align the AB detent.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Same issue here.

I have the Virpil CM-3 with both idle and afterburner detents. All other DCS modules (including the Mirage 2000) consistently uses a saturation of 70 and curve around 15-20% and they perfectly match the end of full military with the beginning of the AB.

But with the F1 the AB get engaged about half way of my throttle position. If I push the curves too much it becomes too abrupt in other situations

• Like 2

My experience is much the same with a Winwing Orion.  I went for 0-20-36-47-54-60-66-73-81-89-100.  I'm sure I'll need to tweak it a bit more, though.

I also noticed there's no marker for 'detent' on the controls overlay.

50 minutes ago, Biggus said:

My experience is much the same with a Winwing Orion.  I went for 0-20-36-47-54-60-66-73-81-89-100.  I'm sure I'll need to tweak it a bit more, though.

I also noticed there's no marker for 'detent' on the controls overlay.

Could you please explain what those number means/represents please ?

I've just been fine tuning the AB detent (Warthog Hotas). I'm sharing the values I use:

Automatic curve (non user and non slider)

Mirage F1CE Deadzone Saturation X Saturation Y Curvature Slider Invert User curve Axis tune
Thrust 0 100 100 23 N N N JOY_Z

Issues: works well with the physical AB detent. But the engine is too sensitive to throttle movement at low RPM. So, I am trying to find a way around using a manual curve or a slider curve.

User curve (non slider)

Mirage F1CE Deadzone Saturation X Saturation Y Curvature Slider Invert User curve Axis tune
Thrust 0 100 100 N.A. N N Y JOY_Z

Column A B C D E F G H I J k
Value 0 3 5 10 15 26 44 59 73 85 100
Result AB AB AB Full mil.              

User curve with slider

Thrust 0 100 100 N.A. Y N Y JOY_Z

Value 0 18 31 43 52 61 69 78 86 94 100

I hope this helps. And if someone may further refine on these values, it would be awesome.

• Thanks 3

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

9 hours ago, HoMeBoY said:

Same issue here.

I have the Virpil CM-3 with both idle and afterburner detents. All other DCS modules (including the Mirage 2000) consistently uses a saturation of 70 and curve around 15-20% and they perfectly match the end of full military with the beginning of the AB.

But with the F1 the AB get engaged about half way of my throttle position. If I push the curves too much it becomes too abrupt in other situations

For Mirage 2000, you have Special Options menu where you can set cut off and AB detent in %.
The rest is done for you. 😉

For Mirage F1 CE,null I agree that the default AB detent is too soon. I also have Virpil CM3 and I needed to go as far to set it correctly with the detents.

image.png

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

14 hours ago, cmbaviator said:

Could you please explain what those number means/represents please ?

If you apply the user curve option, these are values for different segments of throttle travel.  They're effectively a multiplier for the value assigned to each throttle position.

If you drop the numbers into the detent calculator you can get a curve for any module and for any throttle hardware.

In my case my detent kicks in at 28. The Mirage F1 hits max MIL power at 43 and goes into AB at 42, so my curve looks like this:

U1g1wfT.png

• Like 2

I tried the slider curves for the Warthog with default detent but it didn't work. Too much unused range near idle and afterburner kicks in too early. I found a simple curve of +20 results in linear movement from the idle stop all the way to the end of AB, with the in-game AB detent matching perfectly with my WH detent.

Already posted my settings in another thread, but could be useful for Thrustmaster TWCS Thottle owners. 

Riesling | FR

Specs: i7 6700K / 32 Gb RAM / SSD /  GTX 1070 + Oculus Rift S  / Saitek Rudder Pedals / Thrusmaster TWCS + T16000M

I'm using a TM T16000 Throttle, finally figured out the settings to make throttle response more usable.  The afterburner kicks in exactly at my detent @75%.  I have the slider modification installed that adds slide bearings and magnets to provide an afterburner detent, its not a stock configured TM16000 Throttle.

Saturation X is set to 95 as the modification results in some loss of travel, this ensures you get 0%/100% at both extremes.

I just figured it out, will do some flying with this setting and tweak as necessary.  I'll post an update if there are any significant changes. 

TM-F16.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 8:28 PM, Leviathan667 said:

I've just been fine tuning the AB detent (Warthog Hotas). I'm sharing the values I use:

Automatic curve (non user and non slider)

Thrust 0 100 100 23 N N N JOY_Z

Issues: works well with the physical AB detent. But the engine is too sensitive to throttle movement at low RPM. So, I am trying to find a way around using a manual curve or a slider curve.

User curve (non slider)

Thrust 0 100 100 N.A. N N Y JOY_Z

Value 0 3 5 10 15 26 44 59 73 85 100

User curve with slider

Thrust 0 100 100 N.A. Y N Y JOY_Z

Value 0 18 31 43 52 61 69 78 86 94 100

I hope this helps. And if someone may further refine on these values, it would be awesome.

Amazing, helped with throttle a lot!

• Like 1

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

this is my curve setup with my winwing orion, and fits perfect withe the orion hotas base throttle detents.

Screen_220806_000750.png

• Like 1

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

• 6 months later...