Afterburner Detent

Sheepy
Go to solution Solved by Sheepy,

Good day,

I was wondering if it is possible to move the after burner detent to 75% or is there a specific reason its at around 50%? Apologies if I missed a memo somewhere.

Also, its a awesome module, Thank you!

• Like 2

i7-9700K || GTX 1080 Ti || 32Gig 3200 RAM || 1TB NVME & 1TB SSD || X56, Track IR, CH Pro Rudder Pedals

22 minutes ago, Sheepy said:

Good day,

I was wondering if it is possible to move the after burner detent to 75% or is there a specific reason its at around 50%? Apologies if I missed a memo somewhere.

Also, its a awesome module, Thank you!

If you play a little with the curves in the controls binding, you can do that yourself.

(speculative: AB isn't neccessarily an on-off matter. Maybe you need the travel beyond the detent to adjust throttle inside the AB-regime?)

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

3 minutes ago, Hiob said:

(speculative: AB isn't neccessarily an on-off matter. Maybe you need the travel beyond the detent to adjust throttle inside the AB-regime?)

Could be that it has multiple "stages"

i7-9700K || GTX 1080 Ti || 32Gig 3200 RAM || 1TB NVME & 1TB SSD || X56, Track IR, CH Pro Rudder Pedals

It doesn't feel like multi-stage AB, but it might well be that. Anyhow, I just planted custom curve the second I got airborne and matched AB kick with my Warthog detent, no big deal.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

26 minutes ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

It doesn't feel like multi-stage AB, but it might well be that. Anyhow, I just planted custom curve the second I got airborne and matched AB kick with my Warthog detent, no big deal.

Ye, I will try this myself. Thank you. Does this effect performance or control?

Not that I've noticed, in the end you just have more room to run in the non-AB area (so you have not less but more room and it should ease handling I guess), and AB has just less room but since it's already on and it's an area you won't spend much time on burning lots of fuel, I didn't notice big differences in handling. First day anyhow, I'll check in the long term how it feels or if there's any disadvantage in having less room for AB. I guess it won't be, but we'll see.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice