Compensation Table for Weapons?

giaco1

What I usually do is simply roll in for an attack run and at the point where I would want to drop/fire a weapon, I put the game in active pause. I then release/fire the weapon and after it has impacted, I adjust the mrads so that the reticle is over the crater/impact point of the weapon. I then write those parameters down and use those from then onwards.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

1 minute ago, EnzoF98 said:

What I usually do is simply roll in for an attack run and at the point where I would want to drop/fire a weapon, I put the game in active pause. I then release/fire the weapon and after it has impacted, I adjust the mrads so that the reticle is over the crater/impact point of the weapon. I then write those parameters down and use those from then onwards.

So simple, yet I never thought of that 🙂 thanks for the tip.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

6 hours ago, EnzoF98 said:

That's brilliant!
 cole sprouse GIF

• Like 3

Gonna steal that tip!
Thanks!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

0 Mill datum has been corrected in Ver 2.8... (Raised by around 44mills) so some Depression values may need to be rejigged.

Also the reticle in AG modes no longer reacts as at Gyro sight. The reticle moves only up and down the vertical axis. This is now correct

• Like 3

On 10/30/2022 at 2:05 AM, IvanK said:

0 Mill datum has been corrected in Ver 2.8... (Raised by around 44mills) so some Depression values may need to be rejigged.

Also the reticle in AG modes no longer reacts as at Gyro sight. The reticle moves only up and down the vertical axis. This is now correct

i guess it is more than that, to center the reticle in bomb mode, understandd put it where it was before, in the middle at 0 it need's 85 mrads

Before 2.8 to strke with samp 400 chutes, it need to be 150 mrads, 550 knots 500 feet, it dosn't work anymore as the limite is 218.

i dont know if it is "real thing" but for sure we need to reworks all the parameters to strike good again

So with the new datum if you needed 150mills before then adding the 44 mill that the datum has been corrected then the total depression now required is 194mills ... you have up to 218mills to play with so dont see an issue on this delivery.

If you run out of Mills you can use the bottom diamond of the reticle as your Aimpoint... its 20Mills below the centre Pipper. So with 218mills set the bottom diamond is 238mills.

EXAMPLE.

Lets say your solution required a Mil depression of 230mills. You know you can only set 218mills so how do you get 230mill aimpoint ?

Bottom diamond is 20mill below the pipper so required Mill depression using the bottom diamond as the aiming reference (230mills) is 210mills.  (210+20=230)

This sort of procedure to get a few more mills was done IRL in Mir III.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2022 at 4:43 AM, EnzoF98 said:

You sir are an absolute genius. 

• Like 2

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).