Flaps 3 positions

Hi,

There are 3 possible positions for the flaps in the F1: Up, landing position and down.

The warthog hotas throttle has a 3 pos button for the flaps but only 2 can be mapped for the F1. 

Only two are given a number: 22 and 23. The middle position has none.

Is it possible to allow for the mapping of flaps up with button 22, down with button 23 and landing position when neither buttons are active.

Thanks

• Like 12

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

Put the following in `C:\...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Mirage-F1\Input\Common\joystick\default.lua`, around line 43, just below the other flap binds:

{down = iCommandPlaneFlapsOff,				up = iCommandPlaneFlaps, name = _('Flaps Up/Down Special'),					category = _('Systems')},
{down = iCommandPlaneFlapsOn,				up = iCommandPlaneFlapsOff, name = _('Flaps Landing Position Special'),		category = _('Systems')},

For the TMWH bind the flaps up to `Flaps Up/Down Special` and your flaps down to `Flaps Landing Position Special`. Due to the animation speed, the controls can possibly get out of sync. If that happens, slowly (at a rate of once per second) select flaps up on the TMWH, then middle, then up. They should now be in sync. If not, I have not discovered your case. You will likely be able to resync by pressing the ingame flaps once or twice. This mod will likely get overwritten with DCS updates or repairs.

Enjoy.

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apologies for sounding thick, but if the middle position is for landing, what’s the fully back position for?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

16 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

Apologies for sounding thick, but if the middle position is for landing, what’s the fully back position for?

both positions can be used for landing, but half flaps can be extended from 300 knots, while full flaps is limited to 225.

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

F:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Mirage-F1\Input\Common\joystick\default.lua  (You'll need an editor to open...suggest Notepad++)

000% - OFF
050% - LANDING
100% - TAKEOFF

As seen Here...

Screenshot 2022-07-27 071818.png

{
    down = devCmds.Cmd120,
    up = devCmds.Cmd120,
    cockpit_device_id = devices.MAIN,
    value_down = 1.0,
    value_up = 0.5,
    name = _('Slat/Flap lever - TAKEOFF/LANDING'),
    category = { _('Left console'), _('High-lift devices') }
    },

{
    down = devCmds.Cmd120,
    up = devCmds.Cmd120,
    cockpit_device_id = devices.MAIN,
    value_down = 0.0,
--    value_down = -1.0,
    value_up = 0.5,
    name = _('Slat/Flap lever - LANDING/OFF'),
    category = { _('Left console'), _('High-lift devices') }
    },

Edited by MPalmer

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

Yes, nice to see the quick work by the devs to address the controls issues. 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 3 weeks later...

The tricks explained above work, but you have to re-edit the lua each time the module is updated.
A more solid workaround here : https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds
Same philosophy except modifications are in your SavedGames folder, hence no need to re-edit files after updates 🙂

Edited by flyingcyrus

10700K / 4090 / 32Go / 34" curved Gigabyte / Reverb G1 / Thrustmaster hardware among other harderware things.

I find your lack of FPS disturbing...
C8<]

24 minutes ago, flyingcyrus said:

The tricks explained above work, but you have to re-edit the lua each time the module is updated.

No trick needed, as the module was updated by its developer, with additional keybinds.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

25 minutes ago, flyingcyrus said:

A more solid workaround here : https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds
Same philosophy except modifications are in your SavedGames folder, hence no need to re-edit files after updates 🙂

True, but to get those working you need Quaggles, and a mod manager. 😊 

https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-input-command-injector

1 minute ago, Rudel_chw said:

No trick needed, as the module was updated by its developer, with additional keybinds.

That is true. If you want even more updated keybinds, Munkwolf has provided almost all that's needed that's not in the module my default yet. 😊 

6 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

True, but to get those working you need Quaggles, and a mod manager. 😊 

Quaggles can be installed withoud any mod manager, just remember to copy the script file after an update (but it's only one copy, quick and easy, no need to recopy/reedit all aircrafts config files)

(Nice helmet by the way, MAXsenna 😉, I remember trying one back in 95 with US Navy Fighters...)

Edited by flyingcyrus

10700K / 4090 / 32Go / 34" curved Gigabyte / Reverb G1 / Thrustmaster hardware among other harderware things.

I find your lack of FPS disturbing...
C8<]

31 minutes ago, flyingcyrus said:

Quaggles can be installed withoud any mod manager, just remember to copy the script file after an update (but it's only one copy, quick and easy, no need to recopy/reedit all aircrafts config files)

Absolutely! But a mod manager could potentially prevent some future head aches, and it's really simple. But true, a simple copy is enough. 😊

31 minutes ago, flyingcyrus said:

(Nice helmet by the way, MAXsenna 😉, I remember trying one back in 95 with US Navy Fighters...)

Right! It is a helmet. Or at least was marketed as such. 😉
Yup, I have the CD somewhere. I used it mostly on EF2000 though. And Duke Nukem 3D. That was scary. Haha!

Bought it a little too early, so I didn't get the 3DFx compatible one. Alas!

Cheers!