How long will F1 discount last?

Tom Kazansky

Dear Aerges Team,

although I wasn't really into Mirage F1 so far, all I saw and read about it got me hooked. So I'm quite sure I won't regret buying it, as soon as it is downloadable for me.

I'm on stable DCS and I'd like to know how long the discount of 20% will last? Is is a EA discount and ends with it or just a discount for the first days/weeks?

Edited by Tom Kazansky

3 minutes ago, Tom Kazansky said:

I'm on stable DCS and I'd like to know how long the discount of 20% will last?

Steam's 20% discount ends on the 28th July.

Pricing/discounts on ED's own store usually last longer i.e. Syria and the Hind, so YMMV.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I think that when it's on stable, it'll be full price 

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

Not exactly, it could remain EA for a long time until release status is reached, but discount will only last until it jumps out of OB to stable.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I didn't, it just happens like that in every module since DCSW exists as a sandbox with modules added.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

4 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Not exactly, it could remain EA for a long time until release status is reached, but discount will only last until it jumps out of OB to stable.

first half of your post matches my experiences with DCS modules, 2nd half does not. E.g. Apache (and Hind I think) are in stable for quite some time and still have EA discount.

1 hour ago, Tom Kazansky said:

first half of your post matches my experiences with DCS modules, 2nd half does not. E.g. Apache (and Hind I think) are in stable for quite some time and still have EA discount.

Yep, perhaps you're mixing there Early Access, Pre-Purchase, release in Open Beta and stable release (which I don't blame you for 😅).

F1 didn't have a pre-purchase time, which usually means 30% discount, one, two, three months ahead of release, usually as said, not written in stone, but usually goes like that. When pre-purchase period ends (the minute they release it in OB) it's still in EA with a 20% discount, but no 30 as pre-purchase. Usually.

Early Access means you're getting the module in advance without being in a 100% finished state. In F1 case we got it being Early Access, right, but there were no pre-purchase ahead of release, hence 20% discount. Early Access per sé anyhow can last whatever Devs think is necessary, it might be months, or even years until Devs think it's complete enough to qualify as out of Early-Access which in turn still doesn't mean it's 100% complete and module can be still under development, just lacking minor things and all, but not 100%. Either Mi-24 and Apache ARE still in Early-Access state as you can check yourself at each module shop place at ED's store, so it actually matches your experience no matter you knew it or not 😉 .

Still, 20% discount happens because it's Early-Access (very first stages, but no different name) but once it's released, released for good in Stable, that's "real" release, to name it, and discount goes away. Perhaps they could have named it pre-release or something on the like, but too many names and states, I don't know. We're in sort of pre-release state in Open Beta now, still discount, but no pre-purchase discount, but it isn't full released in Stable version, if any of it makes sense 😅 .

On a side note, the Early-Access subject is actually controversial, some folks think it makes no sense to have an EA label still on modules released years ago, but they do sometimes despite being used by many people regularly. It's up only to the developer when that state ends or how "finished" is or isn't the module to call it one way or another. If they feel it's still pretty much WIP no matter how users feel it, the EA label can be there for a way long time.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the post. It tells me that I did not get what you meant with "released in stable" in your earlier post.

I thought you mean "being playable in stable DCS version".

I'm aware of all what you've explained. That's why I started this thread. Because there is no rule when EA discount ends.

I'm sorry that I did not make myself clear enough. It wasn't my intention to start a discussion. I hoped for an answer from the team to clarify whether the discount lasts long enough to wait for the (EA) release of the F1 into stable DCS version.

Edited by Tom Kazansky
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, no I get your point, sorry if I explained too much.

In the end, no, as you say many times it isn't clearly stated when a module is going to pass from one state to another, understandable since they never know exact dates, but yes, usually that discount lasts until Stable release and that's as much as we can know from previous experiences.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. Even without an answer of ED or Aerges I share your opinion. I don't believe in dates and deadlines that are made in the Steam shop anyways because I know developers have to give those to Steam even if they don't have dates.

I'm on ED's stable DCS (not Steam) and just didn't want to pay an EA price for a case of "pre-purchase" of the F1. However due to the reports I read from OB users I'm already convinced that the quality of the EA F1 is good enough for me, so I don't have to wait until F1 comes to my stable DCS.

So thanks for beeing a good part of that, what comes to a good end even without an answer from devs.

• Like 1

Yes, if you're interested and you like the aircraft I've been really delighted to find a really good module with a lot of care put on it, a really really nice FM, and so many goodies included. If we bear in mind it's 4 airframes in the end, price is not bad at all so taking the Early-Access discount is worth it. External textures perhaps needs a bit of extra work, but nothing preventing to fully enjoy the module. Personal opinion of course, if it serves you in the slightest.

The thing with stable release is it just pops up all of a sudden and so many times we have no clue when that's going to be, so if you like F1 you're now on time to take advantage of EA discount. I don't think you'll regret it 😉 .

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Stable patch is planned for tomorrow - the 4th August. We'll see if the discount goes. If you're wanting to make sure you get the discount, you can place an order but pay the next day if you're unsure which is quite useful.

• Thanks 1