Edited by ZoomBoy27
typo

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Googled "Differences between M2000C and Mirage F1"  🤓

Two different generations of fighters. The Mirage F1 was a direct successor to the very successful Mirage III and it was an improvement in almost every regarding. The F1 was successful in it's own right, a true multi role platform but the Mirage 2000, especially in its latter guise, was a world class 4+ generation aircraft.

The F1 had tradition mechanical control and the Atar 9k turbojet engine. It has superior maneuverability and a shorter take off and landing run due to its swept back wings as oppose to the delta wings of the Mirage III.

The Mirage 2000 also has a delta wing but due to its fly by wire controls its able to offset many of the limitation of its delta wing and Snecma Turbofan engine is heads and shoulders above the F1 turbojet.

But it's really the different avionics suite that tells the story. Modernized versions of the 2000 are equipped with the Thomson CSF doppler multi target radar. Other than AESA…..that's as good as it gets. I believe the 2000 can carry most, if not all, of the precision weapon in the Western arsenal. So there really no comparison between the two. The F1 was as good as it got for its day but it's really a 3rd generation fighter that was never really modernized. The Mirage 2000 has been a premier tactical aircraft since its debut and its upgraded versions are as good as almost anything flying.

• Thanks 1

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

1 hour ago, ZoomBoy27 said:

Googled "Differences between M2000C and Mirage F1"  🤓

Two different generations of fighters. The Mirage F1 was a direct successor to the very successful Mirage III and it was an improvement in almost every regarding. The F1 was successful in it's own right, a true multi role platform but the Mirage 2000, especially in its latter guise, was a world class 4+ generation aircraft.

The F1 had tradition mechanical control and the Atar 9k turbojet engine. It has superior maneuverability and a shorter take off and landing run due to its swept back wings as oppose to the delta wings of the Mirage III.

The Mirage 2000 also has a delta wing but due to its fly by wire controls its able to offset many of the limitation of its delta wing and Snecma Turbofan engine is heads and shoulders above the F1 turbojet.

But it's really the different avionics suite that tells the story. Modernized versions of the 2000 are equipped with the Thomson CSF doppler multi target radar. Other than AESA…..that's as good as it gets. I believe the 2000 can carry most, if not all, of the precision weapon in the Western arsenal. So there really no comparison between the two. The F1 was as good as it got for its day but it's really a 3rd generation fighter that was never really modernized. The Mirage 2000 has been a premier tactical aircraft since its debut and its upgraded versions are as good as almost anything flying.

You're comparing a Mirage 2000-5 or 2000D, not the same at all. The Mirage 2000C is actually a nowadays very outdated 4th gen. It's definitely better than the F1 (a 3rd gen), but it does not get a radar "as good as it gets" other than AESA. It's actually a very limited (for a 4th gen) radar. The RDI has a mix of analog and digital radar scope, with only a single target TWS mode (PSID, poursuite sur information discontinue, or a pseudo-TWS with a single target tracked while scanning for hits). The Cyrano IV of the F1 actually has a similar mode, yet much more rudimentary. It has limited target filtering with a lot of false contacts. Its AG radar modes are very similar to the Cyrano IV of the Mirage F1, albeit with a AG ranging mode (which the F1M with the Cyrano IVM will get). But to be noted, the RDI is a Pulse Doppler radar whereas the Cyrano IV is a Pulse and MTI radar.

It also does not "carry most, if not all, of the precision weapon in the Western arsenal", only LGBs which it doesn't have any onboard designation (or even search and track) sensors. It has a basic CCRP/CCIP/CCRP-VP bombing computer for unguided munitions (rockets, GP bombs both in LD and HD, cannons, cluster bombs and anti-runway Durandals). Its AG weaponry is very similar to the F1 actually, but with the more modern touch of having CCIP/CCRP.

For the AA weaponry, it's also very similar, with Magic 2s and Super 530D (much, much better missile than the EM R530).

Other than that, it gets an INS (non-GPS), a much superior RWR and Jammer suite and allows for installation of the D2M rear-facing missile warning system, although it was not mounted IRL and those were kept for the 2000Ds. It's also a delta wing and has a full FBW, giving it very good maneuverability.

Otherwise, the upcoming F1M will most likely be very similar in capabilities and weaponry (with the 530F instead of the PD guided 530D), albeit with less maneuverability and a worse engine.

Edited by toilet2000
Fixed Magic 2s description, F1 has Magic 2s also.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toilet2000 said:

You're comparing a Mirage 2000-5 or 2000D, not the same at all. The Mirage 2000C is actually a nowadays very outdated 4th gen. It's definitely better than the F1 (a 3rd gen), but it does not ...

Thanks -this is the exact, great answer I expect from flight-simmers 

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page