Laser range readout on TDU no longer displays 9999 if you range >9999

S. Low

Will get video evidence and track later. CPG LRFD digital readout I believe should display 9999 when attempting to range at 9999 or above. After the patch it is not doing this anymore. The TDU seems to be showing your previous range value.

So if you ranged something at 3004m, then tried to range something exceeding 9999m, it should I think display 9999 but instead it’s showing 3004m in this scenario.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team
On 8/9/2022 at 4:02 PM, S. Low said:

Whoa whoa lol. This wasn’t intended to be a dump on ED post. And I apologize I procrastinated and haven’t posted a track. Was on vacation 

Dont worry, some have gone off on a tangent and are making silly assumptions. I have removed off topic posts. 

If you do have a short track replay please attach it. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

It seems that:

• < 10 000m displays the actual range
  • 10 000m - 15 000m displays "9999"
  • > 15 000m or sky doesn't update the display at all, but should be 9999, which is the bug.

Also do you really need a track replay for something like this? I've seen you accept reports without one, and this really is very simple to test. In fact it's hard not to notice when just flying any mission at all.