Boresight modes not working (Both)

Skyron

So, to be clear, TEL mode works great. BZ mode doesn't work for me. It shows it has entered the mode on the radar, but it never does anything. Manual locking "Lock-On" also works fine.

• Like 2

For me TEL works but never at 7nm. It always takes until like 3nm for a head on lock even though it should automatically lock a target a max of 7nm.

• Like 2

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

Sorry for the late reply, 

i just load an instant action missile practice - or intercept mission (in witch Aircraft is already on air ) i can lock with TDC, but no matter how close i go <7 miles (even <1 mile)  i change to boresight - TEL or BPZ , (i can see the change in my radar scope), then i place the enemy aircraft inside HUD and nothing happens ever, either upper HUD either in center HUD.

i have tried this many times, in various sorties.

Pasting image from that interception mission with that Mig21 @ 9'oclock

null

image.png

Edited by Skyron
  • Like 4

I get noise on boresight modes when I first command Telemeter/zone scanning switch - CENTER then Telemeter/zone scanning switch - TEL then optionally Telemeter/zone scanning switch - BPZ

Only this exact sequence gives me noise. I think it is bug

• Like 1

I'm fairly sure dogfighting modes do not reset elevation difference/tilt/whatever they actually do as it's extremely poorly worded in the manual thanks to google translate. In my testing, locks were impossible if the elevation control was not near or at +00. Something is seriously wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ensure that your radar is not in stand by mode.  

• Like 1

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

Same issue for me, I have to switch back and forth several times for the TEL mode to work : same observation as other people, if there is radar noise then it picks up contacts fine, otherwise it does not.

I have also seen the radar scope be broken when switching back out of either TEL/BPZ modes, whereby the noise will only render to a small narrow band (as if still in the TEL mode), but with the sweep going left to right on the full width of the scope.

[EDIT] : The issue with TEL seems to happen if you switch directly from BPZ to TEL, rather than from the normal mode.

TEL mode not working below

image.png

Edited by Althar93
  • Like 2

They do work, you have to go from normal HA mode into TL and than BZ, sometimes BZ works, sometimes it doesnt, it seems its just TL as BZ should be slewable.

TL is extremely inconsistent , sometimes it locks up instantly, sometimes i cant lock fighter which is hot, cold, beaming or flanking no matter what i do. 

We seriously need deep through manual from aerges on what cyrano IVM is, how it works, how it filters stuff, how it performs in certain modes and what to use and when and so on. 

We have no info whatsoever and only things we have are cyrano IV and F1ED weapon delivery manuals with different cyrano models to atleast try to guess how it actually works.

13 hours ago, Althar93 said:

Same issue for me, I have to switch back and forth several times for the TEL mode to work : same observation as other people, if there is radar noise then it picks up contacts fine, otherwise it does not.

I have also seen the radar scope be broken when switching back out of either TEL/BPZ modes, whereby the noise will only render to a small narrow band (as if still in the TEL mode), but with the sweep going left to right on the full width of the scope.

[EDIT] : The issue with TEL seems to happen if you switch directly from BPZ to TEL, rather than from the normal mode.

TEL mode not working below

image.png

That is BZ, not TL.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MysteriousHonza said:

That is BZ, not TL.

Well observed, my bad ; what I was trying to demonstrate was the inconsistencies when switching between TL & BZ and got confused in the process. Below is what you get if you switch to TL & then to BZ. Not sure if this is a bug or by design though.

image.png

Here is the issue I was trying to demonstrate with TL :

Screenshot 2022-08-01 131416.png

Edited by Althar93
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Althar93 said:

Well observed, my bad ; what I was trying to demonstrate was the inconsistencies when switching between TL & BZ and got confused in the process. Below is what you get if you switch to TL & then to BZ. Not sure if this is a bug or by design though.

image.png

Here is the issue I was trying to demonstrate with TL :

Screenshot 2022-08-01 131416.png

Yea, when you gi from HA to TL, it mostly works for me, then if you go from TL to BZ, it might "work" but not as BZ as it still works as TL i think. Going bac to TL most likely breaks the thing and you have to repeat HA->TL->BZ

• Like 2