DCS Newsletter discussion August 19th 2022 - Introducing the Super Sabre | Mi-24P Sight Update | B-52 Textures Progress

NineLine

• BIGNEWY changed the title to DCS Newsletter discussion August 19th 2022 - Introducing the Super Sabre | Mi-24P Sight Update | B-52 Textures Progress

Surprised in a good way to see the F-100 coming to DCS. Hopefully the other centuries come along with it. I want to experience a Sabre Dance or two.

• Like 8

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

12 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Yup, can't wait to see it. It'll be an excellent counterpart to the MiG-19.

But only on the time-axis, really. It's going to be a slug against the Farmer, unless you're a really (no, like, *really*) good pilot. The Delta Hun was essentially a nuclear bomber (using LABS) and isn't going to be great against contemporary soviet fighters, when starting on even terms. It did rack at least one kill (a Fresco) in Vietnam early on.

It's a great fighter-bomber and what a looker it is! You'll love the afterburner light-off.

• Like 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

Now with Sinai, Kola and the Super Sabre maybe we can have RAZBAM finally give us that MiG-19S as a paid module for historical settings. Just about everyone used the 19S! We can even have Chinese MiG-19S (J-6) vs Taiwanese F-100(A) over the Taiwan strait (Saipan to Guam in Marianas is very similar distance and Rota island can act as Penghu or we can get Iwo Jima expansion to take off from). The F-100 can also be used in Syria for the Turkish invasion of Cyprus.

Edited by Baltic Dude
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Bremspropeller said:

But only on the time-axis, really. It's going to be a slug against the Farmer, unless you're a really (no, like, *really*) good pilot. The Delta Hun was essentially a nuclear bomber (using LABS) and isn't going to be great against contemporary soviet fighters, when starting on even terms. It did rack at least one kill (a Fresco) in Vietnam early on.

I'm pretty sure it was faster and perhaps a better climber than the Farmer, although it was quite a bit heavier. We'll see. If it could outfly a MiG-17, then the -19 is actually more of an energy fighter.

I've been playing around with bombing in the F-5 lately, and it's great fun. I'm really looking forward to dropping some bombs from the Hun that way.

• Like 1

Except for the announcement regarding Petrovich AI voice-overs and the adjustment of the 9K113 system (again) no earth-shattering news...

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

It looks like, lately, is all about new modules/maps than core features, starting to be a bit bored...

(I know that all of the lasts announces not came from ED, just saying)

• Like 5

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

1 minute ago, 5ephir0th said:

It looks like, lately, is all about new modules/maps than core features, starting to be a bit bored...

(I know that all of the lasts announces not came from ED, just saying)

I get where you're coming from. I too would love to get an update on dynamic campaign, multicore and vulkan etc. But I have a bit of a different perspective. 3rd party devs working on maps and modules leaves ED resources for core development while the cash flow remains. So I think that's actually a good thing

• Like 7

Excellent news on more modules inbound.

Have to say, that I do wonder what the trigger was that convinced so many 3rd parties to get to work.

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I never complain about ED and I do really appreciate the work that is involved in these ai models it’s amazing but I remember listening to an interview with Nick Grey and he acknowledged in the interview that one of the requests that comes up a lot is in cockpit pilot bodies and it was something that ED will start looking into. That was a long time ago now, it was mentioned that it would be coming soon to the hind and the apache but it’s gone quiet again on the subject. A10c KA-50 F-16 AH-64 Hind still no sign of it being implemented, ED have you now shifted your focus onto other items? 

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

All these announcements, and the growing list of 60's era aircraft, F-4, A6, A7, F8 Crusader. Is there a Mig 17 being modeled? Also an Essex carrier.... I am waiting for the announcement of the Vietnam Map, its pretty much all that left.

Meanwhile i will Que up the Creedence Clearwater Revival tracks.

• Like 5

I need F-104! 

• Like 6

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

5 часов назад, Baltic Dude сказал:

Now with Sinai, Kola and the Super Sabre maybe we can have RAZBAM finally give us that MiG-19S as a paid module for historical settings. Just about everyone used the 19S! We can even have Chinese MiG-19S (J-6) vs Taiwanese F-100(A) over the Taiwan strait (Marianas). The F-100 can also be used in Syria for the Turkish invasion of Cyprus.

1 час назад, Wdigman сказал:

All these announcements, and the growing list of 60's era aircraft, F-4, A6, A7, F8 Crusader. Is there a Mig 17 being modeled? Also an Essex carrier.... I am waiting for the announcement of the Vietnam Map, its pretty much all that left.

Meanwhile i will Que up the Creedence Clearwater Revival tracks.

Essex should come with the Corsair-1 from Magnitude. Now let me talk about one particular elephant in the room that I'm starting to see taking shape with the latest module offerings. We have a lot of great modules either already in or on their way. The teen series, the Vietnam era deck queens - all the cool kids on the block. DCS does not have subscription, it makes profit only from selling new modules. So, what else is there to sell? What will the devs profit from, or even break even with the development costs? What will attract as much interest, and thus money, as the teen series? At some point the blue river will run shallow until there's simply nothing to offer that would sell enough to keep the lights on. Which brings us to the one obvious solution - red modules. Sooner or later someone has to make that step. Even if it's a clickable full-fidelity T-72.

• Like 2

On the other hand, still no MB-339...

• Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I was almost expecting a 3rd new map, but I'll take that F-100D as well. Great to see Grinnelli becoming a 3rd party dev! dealwithit.png

Excited for the voiceovers, but to be fair, when I read about the sight overhaul, I was hoping for an actual representation in VR instead of getting a flat overlay up my face... but maybe some day fsgrin.png

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

1 hour ago, Fromthedeep said:

Those are going to be 70s or 80s modules, the A-6 and the A-7 are not going to be a Vietnam era appropriate variants.

The F-4E were're getting technically flewa couple ofsorties during the tail-end ofthe Vietnam war. The F-8J is a full-up late Vietnam module. TheA-7E flew sorties during Linebackers I and II and if you leave the FLIR pod at home (and don'tmind the FLIR-imaging HUD), it's also quite alright. If you INOP the TRAM on the A-6E, you can get away pretendng to be an early A-6E. Not all hope is lost in terms of the "Vietnamisation" of DCS 😅

• Like 2

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!