No Mouse action in HP G2 VR Headset - can't start DCS

Sierra777

I just purchased an HP G2 VR Headset. I've had it for two weeks and cant get the mouse to show up on the DCS main menu. I'm unable to launch the game. Just bought a brand new gaming machine with windows 11... but had the same problem with windows 10. PLEASE HELP!!!

Michael O'D

In addition to Tom Kazansky's advice, SteamVR also has a habit of putting its little window right in the middle of your screen, so if you click something near the center of the DCS menu in VR, your mouse will become stuck in the SteamVR window and the pointer will no longer show in the DCS menu.  In that case, you'll have to lift the G2 so you can see your monitor, fight the mouse to get it to minimize the SteamVR window, and then you should be good in DCS with a mouse pointer.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Put some tape over the G2 sensor between the eyes (I used masking tape/painters tape, I don't know if clear scotch would work).  It detects when you're wearing the headset.  I could look through the lens and see the mouse move, but when I put the headset on the mouse stopped working.  The tape makes it think from the start you're wearing the headset.  I don't recall why this fixes it, but it does.

Edited by Chaos_Out

5900x | 3090 | HP Reverb G2