JFS Is audible starting while the JFS doors are not fully open,

P3CFE

In the real f16 the JFS Starting circuit is open (No Start possible),when the "exhaust door" is not Fully open.

When the JFS Start switch is positioned in  start 1 or 2, And the exhaust door is fully open, the start circuit is closed, and the Accumulator (s) begin depleting to the hydraulic starter motor.

Note:
The intake and exhaust doors are mechanically linked together, so move as one.

Thanks already.

• Like 1

Yeah, the doors opening in sync with each other and the JFS only starting when the doors are fully open can be seen in this video.

Edited by Northstar98
corrected link
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• ED Team

Thanks for the video, but it is difficult to tell with the cut scene / edit of the video. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Thanks for the video, but it is difficult to tell with the cut scene / edit of the video. 

I know videos are not a good source, and this is a different block. This is block 30 with different engine and many other differences Just trying to help. JFS door open at the begging of the video. The next sound is the hydraulic fluid spinning the  Hydraulic Start Motor (HSM). JFS ignites at 11 seconds. Turns off at 41 seconds. Notice door stay open, they close after JFS spins down.

https://youtu.be/wIrrKFKEOoQ

Edited by mvsgas
  • Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

6 hours ago, mvsgas said:

I know videos are not a good source, and this is a different block. This is block 30 with different engine and many other differences Just trying to help. JFS door open at the begging of the video. The next sound is the hydraulic fluid spinning the  Hydraulic Start Motor (HSM). JFS ignites at 11 seconds. Turns off at 41 seconds. Notice door stay open, they close after JFS spins down.

https://youtu.be/wIrrKFKEOoQ

The JFS start does not change between the GE engines. Pratts add a 60 sec motoring period. So for the GEs the starts should match relatively closely regardless if it's a GE 100 or 129. Also seeing the post before depending on the year of the video it's more than likely been through the upgrade process and is on par with the 40s and 50s in USAF service (plus being a guard jet it might have other upgrades not seen in the active duty fleets yet).

Do agree though. The JFS shouldn't start to spin till the doors are fully open and should only close upon spinning down to a certain % speed. 

• Like 1

• ED Team

Hi

I have mentioned it to the team, its a minor issue but I have reported

thank you

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2