ARC-210 Radio Status

Go to solution Solved by Wags,

On 9/20/2022 at 7:04 AM, BuzzU said:

The radio is already in the Hornet. How long should it take to put it in the Hog? It's been years.

It’s more than just the radio, the HUD needs updating, the control unit and it’s screen needs to be created and the COMM MFCD page needs to me created.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snoopy said:

It’s more than just the radio, the HUD needs updating, the control unit and it’s screen needs to be created and the COMM MFCD page needs to me created.

Sounds like a year and a half's worth of work.  But I get your point.

• Like 1

The delay isn’t a bug, it’s a feature! In an effort to be as realistic as possible DCS is following real world timelines for getting updated equipment on the jet.

Congress has approved funding, it’s gotten through testing and development, now it’s waiting on inspection phase inspection cycles on the jet to align conveniently for maintenance to install them… but oh wait the air force is trying to kill the jet again and took away our budget to do the installs so standby on any new updates, put the parts in a warehouse and stand by for words until we forget the part is there…  

DCS is crushing the realism of the USAF acquisition timeline!

• Like 10

On 9/21/2022 at 3:41 PM, BuzzU said:

I bought the A-10C II two years ago to the month. That seems long enough to install a radio.

I'm not impatient. Just saying.

Your point is valid.

Where is that radio?! Been almost 2 years?!

• Like 3

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fra298 said:

It's on the way, new files after 2.8 update : Mods\aircraft\A-10C_2\Cockpit\Scripts\ARC_210

I would guess probably next update or two it'll be out. 

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 11:07 AM, Hive said:

It will get bugfixes, but no more features after the radio. That is what I understood. Not happy about it, too.

But then why should it? In that it should get additional 'features' - such as???  It is a simulation, some (me) see it as a game, TBH I only want Arc210 in the hope the pre-sets will be fixed.  The sim model is based on a variant and corresponding systems (I believe) as true to life as they can be subject to information release up to a certain modification/Blok level, so once at that level - endgame. Same really as the current AH module - D model. We'el - there is now an E model - so when is that going to be rolled out in a 'DCS Modification Programme' - maybe/probably never - it is currently a simulation of an aircraft at that development (D) standard - although still enhanced from the original D model specs (TEDAC coupled with MTADS vs the older ORT as an example). Could also argue for the Brits out there why hasn't the UK DAS suite been modelled, likewise Israeli, etc etc etc...

I guess ultimately as 'simmers' 'we' will never be happy (to a more or lesser degree), similar to real life pilots, and will always want the best kit, against what the simulation actually represents in terms of modelling at a particular date stamp?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

1 hour ago, Leg2ion said:

But then why should it? In that it should get additional 'features' - such as???  It is a simulation, some (me) see it as a game, TBH I only want Arc210 in the hope the pre-sets will be fixed.  The sim model is based on a variant and corresponding systems (I believe) as true to life as they can be subject to information release up to a certain modification/Blok level, so once at that level - endgame. Same really as the current AH module - D model. We'el - there is now an E model - so when is that going to be rolled out in a 'DCS Modification Programme' - maybe/probably never - it is currently a simulation of an aircraft at that development (D) standard - although still enhanced from the original D model specs (TEDAC coupled with MTADS vs the older ORT as an example). Could also argue for the Brits out there why hasn't the UK DAS suite been modelled, likewise Israeli, etc etc etc...

I guess ultimately as 'simmers' 'we' will never be happy (to a more or lesser degree), similar to real life pilots, and will always want the best kit, against what the simulation actually represents in terms of modelling at a particular date stamp?

I would just like ED to actually finish a product.  That's the whole point. A radio has taken them over 2 years to implement, and now coming up on six months since the developer "returned" to it, because it does not pay them anymore to put in the work.  It's frustrating from a customer perspective.  I don't require them to add more than was slated, just that they don't take eons to achieve what would appear to be a relatively simple task.  ED lacks follow through.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Leg2ion said:

But then why should it? In that it should get additional 'features' - such as???

Have a look at the wishlist section 😉

Not that I demand anything that wasn't promised, but it would have been cool to get some of the requested features.

Edited by Hive

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi all 

we have already mentioned the ARC-210 is in progress, when it is ready we will let you all know. 

Please keep on topic here

Thank you

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 11/16/2022 at 5:37 PM, Leg2ion said:

The A-10C (v1 and v2) isn’t anywhere near a specific suite.  The original release had a mixture of suite 3 and 5 features and version 2 has a few suite 7 plus features but has so many items in the TAD, HMCS, TGP, and HUD missing you couldn’t truly say ED was trying to model that suite either.

it will be interesting to see how accurately the ARC-210 is modeled and if things like UFC integration and HUD projected info is included.

• 2 weeks later...

Another update and newsletter with the no mention of the A-10C II.  I know what the response will be but it really does appear that the module is abandoned.  Released over two years ago but we’re suppose to be patient for promised and advertised items not being included yet.

It would be nice if a newsletter at least mentioned the progress of the ARC-210 instead of just telling us a programmer has been assigned.  We were told 6 months (and counting) ago they were assigned.

Edited by Snoopy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 11:01 AM, NineLine said:

We have nothing new on this. The task is more complex than other radios. We are currently working on integration into the HUD and COMM page.  

Now that Wags let the cat out of the bag, can whoever deleted my post put it back so I can publicly wish you a timely "Merry Christmas?"