English Cockpit labels

andrewd251
Go to solution Solved by Japo32,

I'm not sure it exists. Those were the times I heard that people were protesting it on the streets first time Renault used English in their cars for export or something like that.

If you check the existing Cockpit photos of different versions you see that the base instruments are all in French but later added avionics are in English. 

May be towards the end of EA they might throw a non realistic full En cockpit or in a month time a user will make one. 

Have reposted here in the forums in the past pictures from the F1CG simulator (posted originally in   modelclub.gr iirc). About  the 2000egm (greek C) i have posted my own close up pictures from the whole cockpit.  If you don't find them and want to see them , tell me, have to look in which threads they were posted a long time ago (the F1 and 2000 pictures). 

https://dogfight-editions.com/en/special-issues/2-cocardes-digital-hors-serie-n01.html

This is an excellent digital book (costs only 5 euro) where you can ficd in great deetail pictures of different cockpit F1 variants. There you can find all the english labels. 

Edited by jaguara5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jaguara5 said:

This is an excellent digital book (costs only 5 euro)

Thanks for the link. It looks nice but I see there in the shop whole other nice stuff too. After DCS modules if I start this too I might need a very serious conversation with my wife. 🙂

I am making a english label cockpit, making the labels bigger to allow VR to see them better, and correcting a little the deep black cockpit. The poblem? we cannot make custom cockpits to pass the IC in save games. We need the option to have the description.lua of the cockpit. Still work in progress

nullnullnullnullnull

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This is very nice! I hope Aerges can help you. Curious how you will label the weapon select buttons, have found different labels between the CG and for the CZ for example. And btw, i think the alternators above the warning lights are ALT 1 and 2 not GEN written. 

null

image.pngnull

image.pngnull

image.pngnull

image.png

Edited by jaguara5

I can change everything to correct ones. I just imagined what could be, as I don't have any real images of english ones. But I will need to see what to write to also make the labels big for correct VR reading. The problem is not that. It is the option to export it to save games folder and be read by DCS.

Edited by Japo32
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Japo32 said:

…and correcting a little the deep black cockpit.

Japo, in case you want to save some extra work, you know they've said a fix for that is coming and we've even already seen in some videos the corrected cockpit, not said it was but obvious for the looks of it the cockpit was lighter. Perhaps you want to wait until next patch in case they release lighter cockpit soon enough.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

On 7/24/2022 at 4:47 PM, Rapierarch said:

I'm not sure it exists. Those were the times I heard that people were protesting it on the streets first time Renault used English in their cars for export or something like that.

We have English cockpits for multiple aircraft for which an English cockpit does not exist in real life. 

23 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Japo, in case you want to save some extra work, you know they've said a fix for that is coming and we've even already seen in some videos the corrected cockpit, not said it was but obvious for the looks of it the cockpit was lighter. Perhaps you want to wait until next patch in case they release lighter cockpit soon enough.

sure! the files are already done to just quick modifification. But I am not working ending the rest, as I need the option to make custom cockpits... and that can take time maybe.

The reality is Dassault would slap English labels on the cockpit no question asked if one of their potential clients asked them to as part of the sale. People shouldnt be upset with an english cockpit as an option in the menus 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2022 at 9:23 PM, Japo32 said:

I am making a english label cockpit, making the labels bigger to allow VR to see them better, and correcting a little the deep black cockpit. The poblem? we cannot make custom cockpits to pass the IC in save games. We need the option to have the description.lua of the cockpit. Still work in progress

nullnullnullnullnull

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

any update on this?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

1 hour ago, Japo32 said:

Until they let the use of custom cockpits I won't continue as it produces IC problems.

create one folder named default under Mirage-F1CE in the Liveries in your dcs profile folder

put all updated textures in it and a corresponding description.lua

updated: basic file structure as shown below, and the lua script i use in mine

pick the lines to your liking

image.png

description.lua

Edited by Giskvoosk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3