Throttle Mapping

Blaze1969

Is there any method of mapping the throttle curve so that it enters the afterburner range when it gets to a specific value that coincides with my hardware Virpil Mongoose? I only see basic controls in the in game settings for curves inversion etc.

Admittedly I have not played with the Virpil software I'm used to working with FSUIPC and AXIS and OHs on MSFS platform. I realize this is a different simulator but was hoping for a similar solution that I'm currently unaware of.

Didn't find anything about mapping in the F1 Manual.

Edited by Blaze1969

Yep, set it to custom curve, best if you use it as "slider" option, and set the curve till AB kick in matches your detent.

To illustrate (it's on a Warthog, so most probably useless to you) in custom curve I had to put 40% slider from 40 to 47 and it is spot on to my push throw detent. The two other sides imagine them just tweaked until they're the straightest line you can to AB peak.

• Thanks 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

1 hour ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Yep, set it to custom curve, best if you use it as "slider" option, and set the curve till AB kick in matches your detent.

Thanks for the tip, saved me some time getting it sorted. 15% gets it close on my setup.

Hello,

This is my settings for Thrustmaster TWCS throttle for mirage F1.  Works well in VR. 

Hope it helps

capture_DCS-mirage-F1-Thrust_settings.png

• Like 1

Riesling | FR

Specs: i7 6700K / 32 Gb RAM / SSD /  GTX 1070 + Oculus Rift S  / Saitek Rudder Pedals / Thrusmaster TWCS + T16000M

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Personally I’ve taken the slightly more hardcore approach, and have happed the controls that disengages the fuel flow for the afterburners.  It’s a switch to the right of the throttle and has a cover.  
So for normal flight, I switch off the option to engage the afterburners and use it only on take off and combat 

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.