Laser guided weapons in latest OB

zildac

Odd issue. Anyone else having issues with GBU12s (only LGBs I’ve tried) not tracking in the latest OB? Release, fire the laser, and they never look like they're tracking and always miss? Same procedure I've been using for months, but doesn't work. An aside, but the same appears to happen using GBU12s in the A10C II also. Doesn't seem to matter on the map or mission, the behaviour is the same? Hornet works fine...I'm very confused

Edited by zildac

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

34 minutes ago, Dr_Pavelheer said:

Make sure targeting pod and bomb codes match, since this patch you can no longer adjust bomb codes in flight.

I did see that note in the release notes, and I've not changed them. They're at the default of 1111, still the same outcome.

Edited by zildac

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

7 hours ago, Dr_Pavelheer said:

Check the kneeboard, default code for APKWS and laser guided bombs is 1688, while default code of targeting pod is 1111

Thanks, I think I must have been having a brain fart last night, as I've used the GBU12s numerous times in the Harrier with no issue. If nothing has changed, and it's that simple, then, great. I've not flown it in a few weeks, so perhaps why. Will double-check later.

9 hours ago, Dr_Pavelheer said:

Make sure targeting pod and bomb codes match, since this patch you can no longer adjust bomb codes in flight.

Ah, that would make sense, as I used to change them in flight simply by boxing code and changing. So the behaviour has changed since the patch?

Edited by zildac

On 7/23/2022 at 9:50 AM, Dr_Pavelheer said:

Yes. Now you can only adjust codes on the ground with engine off.

I would prefer if they did it like in JF-17 where you can adjust codes while on the ground with engine on but at least now the procedure is the same for GBU-12 and APKWS

I dare you get in front of a running Pegasus. Side note I want them to bring back the requirment that the engines off before the choks can be removed 😛