PTT and the radio menu

felixx75

1 hour ago, felixx75 said:

PTT and Alternative PTT does not toggle on the radio menu. The only way to show it up, is to use "#" (at least for me).

Yes, you have to use SIB VUHF or UHF puss buttons to toggle the radio you want to use, and then use "radio menu" command.

I suspect PTT is for SRS.

Edited by jojo
  • Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

1 hour ago, jojo said:

Yes, you have to use SIB VUHF or UHF puss buttons to toggle the radio you want to use, and then use "radio menu" command.

I suspect PTT is for SRS.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by this, or exactly how it works.

It would be nice, if it could be implemented like in the other modules...

@felixx75

On Left panel you have Green and Red buttons, U+V is V/UHF and U is UHF.

Once you click one of these it will be in down position, if you click other, first will unclick in up position.

If you click Green one U+V and click communication "\" you will be able to talk with TAP 136 radio

image.png

image.png

Edited by Agrrregat
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, felixx75 said:

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by this, or exactly how it works.

It would be nice, if it could be implemented like in the other modules...

I believe it works like that in other modules alike, Hornet for instance. You select the radio you want to use, then radio menu works for that selected radio alone until you select another radio to speak/listen to.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

1 hour ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

I believe it works like that in other modules alike, Hornet for instance. You select the radio you want to use, then radio menu works for that selected radio alone until you select another radio to speak/listen to.

Maybe you can do it that way in the Hornet, but it does have HOTAS commands "COM1 menu" and "COM2 menu".

On Mirage F1 this is the case that you have only one PTT button on the stick, and you select on the SIB box which one you want to transmit on.

On Mirage F1 CE we only have V/UHF anf UHF, but some export variants also had a third HF radio for long range coms for instance.

The secondary PTT in the cockpit is only there in case of the PTT button on the stick fails.

• Thanks 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

1 hour ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

No, the Hornet has separate PTT switches (or rather switch positions) for each radio, so you don't need to preselect the radio you want to talk over like in the F1.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

6 hours ago, felixx75 said:

PTT and Alternative PTT does not toggle on the radio menu. The only way to show it up, is to use "#" (at least for me).

+1 same thing happens on my F1 .. very strange, as the PTT buttons should work in addition to the Comms key.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, Agrrregat said:

@felixx75

On Left panel you have Green and Red buttons, U+V is V/UHF and U is UHF.

Once you click one of these it will be in down position, if you click other, first will unclick in up position.

If you click Green one U+V and click communication "\" you will be able to talk with TAP 136 radio

image.png

image.png

This does not appear to work. With neither selected, / gives TRAP-136 and the stick PTT binding gives nothing. With green selected, / gives TRAP-136 and the stick PTT binding again gives nothing. With red selected, / gives a radio titled "???" and the stick PTT binding, once again, does nothing.

The PTT button doesn't work for me either and I do the following:

Select the radio (green for example), adjust the tuning and instead of using the PTT button use the "communications menu" or key  "\"  

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

10 minutes ago, Joe1978 said:

and instead of using the PTT button use the "communications menu" or key  "\" 

Yes, but that is a workaround .. I'd prefer that Aerges fixes both PTT buttons 👍 .. and while they are at it, please fix also the Red Radio not working.

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

hace 4 horas, Rudel_chw dijo:

Yes, but that is a workaround .. I'd prefer that Aerges fixes both PTT buttons 👍 .. and while they are at it, please fix also the Red Radio not working.

Yes, yes. Of course. This should work as expected. 

• Like 2

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1