Iranian Flag is wrong and liveries are not accuarte in color and pattern

Raviar

• Raviar changed the title to Iranian Flag is wrong and liveries are not accuare colowrwise and pattern
2 hours ago, Raviar said:

as per title, the flag and color are wrong, the liveries have wrong color and wrong pattern

unknown.png

Agreed on the somewhat too shiny colours on flag and markings, cammo colours though aren't what you think. That's a badly weathered and faded paint, not exactly a different colour.

On top of that, patterns in cammoes are usually told by whatever the airforce it is, but patterns aren't that exact same every time. After all, they are painted by human beings who interpret what they can out of a sheet of paper. Believe me, I've made lots of aircraft models and I know what a cammo looks like and how they are and aren't painted. The author of the skin might have just used a different airframe as a reference for the pattern, but still it's spot on for the subject :thumbup: .

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

2 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

The author of the skin might have just used a different airframe as a reference for the pattern, but still it's spot on for the subject :thumbup: .

Not just that, but the original author probably used photos, just as photos were used in this thread. You don't know the light conditions when those photos were taken and whether or not the white balance was set correctly on the camera, or whether there was any post processing done on the photos. Also, normally none of the gamers' equipment is color calibrated, so it doesn't really matter, as it will look different on each gamer's equipment anyway.

another low bad quality and wrong  skins for Iran faction in DCS !!!
as a Professional skinner , what i could say is that they didnt spend time for Iranian skins and those flag and roundel are copy paste from wikipedia or google , without any correction !!!
this is not respectful !!! another shame !!!

• Like 1

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

Demanding them to be absolute experts in every Air Force in the World about cammo patterns, markings, and everything is perhaps a bit too much to ask for. They do their best, they're software developers, we aviation geeks are only on this side of the barrier not there having to develop every tiny detail of a full module 😁.

• Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Of course it is too much to ask for , but we are all part of DCS community with same goal : "to make DCS great ! " 
so they could ask for better skins from skinners , like me with my pleasure i would accept to hand on Iranian skins to help them, for free !!!
@Ala13_ManOWar you are more like a good Fan of Aerges than being AV geeks  , nice job bro 😉

ISAAC

• Like 1

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

The Bortnumber style is way off too. Let's not forget that!

Airbase number (in the circle) is also non-existent.

+1 to other errors.

I see no reason for Aerges or ED to "NOT accept" the free offer from Sadjad Vosoul for the correct skins. they can compare it to the photos of the real aircraft.

Edited by Marko.H
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, sadjad-vosoul said:

Of course it is too much to ask for , but we are all part of DCS community with same goal : "to make DCS great ! " 
so they could ask for better skins from skinners , like me with my pleasure i would accept to hand on Iranian skins to help them, for free !!!
@Ala13_ManOWar you are more like a good Fan of Aerges than being AV geeks  , nice job bro 😉

ISAAC

As a matter of fact, I probably noticed those tiny details (don't get me started on default EdA skins 😅 ) sooner than most people if not before anyone else just in the screenshots they had shown all the way to release 🤣 . I just happen to have a more positive attitude in face of those, still tiny, details. And those don't prevent me from enjoying the sim in it's full glory, I just know I know those things, I notice those things, but not only many people don't notice/don't care, probably most of the people don't notice nor they care, so I'm very happy living with those, still tiny, remember, details instead of running to these forums to point out everything which is "wrong", inconsistent, inaccurate, whatever. If I want those to be better I can download further skins, don't worry, somebody will make them for sure, or even if it's so bad and unacceptable and unbearable to me I can paint those myself to my liking. Maybe there was a time I was bothered by those tiny, minuscule, stupid details but I just can't be bothered any more 😉.

Anyhow, I know what I'm watching, I know what I know, I just choose the battle worth fighting.

P.S. BTW, you can thank ME specifically for the now correct markings on the IA B-17 🤣 😜 . Couldn't make it happen anyhow for default F-86 skins but I told back in the day… 🙄

P.S. 2 , forgot to mention I also got the Spanish skins in the Hornet to be corrected with accurate markings and bort numbers 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

Yes, you're right those tiny details do help in the immersion, but be aware ASAP doesn't mean they'll be fixed tomorrow, it means when possible and they're probably bogged down with way more things than skins accuracy right now 😉 . Patience, and even if those skins don't make it in the end, still it isn't the end of the World.

• Raviar changed the title to Iranian Flag is wrong and liveries are not accuarte in color and pattern
3 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Yes, you're right those tiny details do help in the immersion, but be aware ASAP doesn't mean they'll be fixed tomorrow, it means when possible and they're probably bogged down with way more things than skins accuracy right now 😉 . Patience, and even if those skins don't make it in the end, still it isn't the end of the World.

True, there are a lot more important stuff ahead of ED devs. the thing is, there are already solved skins, done by ISAAC, which perfectly match the real images, and ISAAC is offering ED to use for free. I know even that simple assessment and replacement still needs time, but years have already passed.

• Like 1