Hasta los españoles se olvidan del idioma

CabeHd
Go to solution Solved by Llanero,

Queridos desarrolladores de Aerges.

Solo quería comentar que llevo años siguiendo el proyecto del F1. Estoy muy ilusionado y lo adquirí sin mirar el precio al segundo de ponerse a la venta, me parece que el trabajo que habéis hecho es magnifico aunque le quede aun muchas cosas por pulir.

Pero he quedado muy decepcionado al ver que siendo un producto español ni el manual ni los tutoriales estén traducidos o mejor dicho hechos en nuestro idioma. Y claro esta supongo que por motivos de ventas o imposición de EA tengáis que ponerlo en ingles también .

Espero que no tardéis en solucionar este problema, estamos acostumbrados a que todos los manuales se traduzcan a muchos idiomas (portugués, italiano, alemán, chino por citar algunos de los que aparecen en los manuales de los módulos que poseo)  pero parece que el Español que es una de las lenguas mas usadas en el mundo se olvida siempre.

Un Saludo

• Like 5

Este es el foro en inglés, no tardará en decírtelo algún moderador si continuamos en español (está más abajo la sección en español).

El tema es que si el avión real no tiene esos manuales en español, si los controles en el avión real no están en español, pues se modela lo que hay en la realidad no lo que le pueda gustar a unos y otros. Las cabinas con diferentes idiomas se ponen (a posteriori) en muchos módulos pero es una cuestión de cortesía, no de realismo porque lo realista es tal cual está. Pasa lo mismo con los cockpits en ruso y demás. Habrás notado que este avión tiene placards en tres idiomas, por cierto, pues eso :thumbup: . Por cierto, lo mismo para el manual, el manual "en español" del EF-18 Hornet que anda por internet verás que tiene en español el título porque en el EdA se usa el inglés como es normal, así que eso es "lo realista".

This is English forum, won't last until a mod comes to tell if we keep like this (in Spanish) (Spanish forum section further down).

The thing is, if the real aircraft doesn't feature those manuals in Spanish, if the aircraft cockpit labels aren't in Spanish, so they model what there is in real life and not what people might like or not. Different languages in cockpits are given (at a later stage) in many modules but it's a courtesy question, not realism because what's realistic is how it is IRL. Happens the same with Russian cockpits. You may have notice three different languages in cockpit's placards, so. BTW, same goes for the manual, in the "Spanish" manual for the EF-18, found online, your might notice the firsts sentences and title saying "Spanish manual", but then it's all in English and Spanish Air Force uses English, so that's what's realistic.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Thanks 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I agree with the OP, that at least the Manual should be available in spanish language, and maybe not all missions, but at least the Training ones should be available in spanish too. The cockpit, I agree that it should be kept in french. 🙂

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• Solution

Manuals in Spanish is not a "courtesy", it is thinking in your Spanish customers since it´s a big portion of potential customers. This is not the real plane. Real life pilots must know English. They learn English during their training as pilots. PLAYERS can know English, or can´t. I´m pretty sure the people of AERGES will translate the manual into Spanish soon, the same way they translated into Spanish the manual of the C-101 EB (not the CC one, and that´s a shame). My point is: this is a GAME, not real life. Not everybody knows English and, since this is a really complex GAME, developers should try to  facilitate things for all players, if they pretend to sell as many modules as possible. 

• Like 2

Ala13_ManOWar

know it's an English forum, but I wanted to draw your attention.  

Thanks for the note.

I don't mind the puritanism of some yet real.  I have never needed anything in Spanish to learn something that I like, although it would have helped a lot, they have forced us to learn English and I am not saying this because of the technicalities that have no translation, in the end the "flaps" are the flaps but if they explain in my language where they are and what they are used for I will learn faster than deciphering it in another language.  In the end, it is about making it easy for potential consumers of the product.

Edited by CabeHd
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, secretcode said:

I am just curious. Do real Spanish Mirage F1 have the cockpit panels and labels in french too ?

Yes, the cockpit labeling is in french and english, for example this is the cockpit of the F1EM, where the labels and placards that can be seen are in french and english, not spanish:

mirage_f-1m_c.14_28_of_74.jpg

mirage_f-1m_c.14_29_of_74.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

58 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yes, the cockpit labeling is in french and english, for example this is the cockpit of the F1EM, where the labels and placards that can be seen are in french and english, not spanish:

In the module itself there are a couple placards in Spanish, hence what I said about three languages 😁 . You can look for them if you didn't noticed already.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

I agree with all.  It is an spanish product in an international market and the manual must be written in a common language, but it is also an iconic airplane in the spanish air force so it is not difficult for AERGES to writte in spanish too.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, we use a lot of english expresions with a perfect spanish translations. Obiously it is not operational to use "aletas hipersustentadoras" instead of flaps. All the aeronautical community knows what it means. But instead of trim, pich and bank we have "compensador", "cabeceo" and "alabeo", for example, but a lot of pilots prefer to use the english words. But that is another question.

I am sure than Aerges will translate the manual to spanish AND frech soon.

8 hours ago, CabeHd said:

Ala13_ManOWar

know it's an English forum, but I wanted to draw your attention.  

Thanks for the note.

I don't mind the puritanism of some yet real.  I have never needed anything in Spanish to learn something that I like, although it would have helped a lot, they have forced us to learn English and I am not saying this because of the technicalities that have no translation, in the end the "flaps" are the flaps but if they explain in my language where they are and what they are used for I will learn faster than deciphering it in another language.  In the end, it is about making it easy for potential consumers of the product.

Yeah, in the end those are related but two different things, I guess. In DCS what I believe most users ask for is realism, and realism means also if I have to use a Cyrillic labelled cockpit because it's just like that IRL then well, I'll use it. Anyhow, most developers offer more than one language in cockpits in most cockpits, so probably Aerges is aware and plans to do so in due time.

The other one, yes you both are right, I've been reading aviation books in English just because there were no choice since ever, so perhaps I no longer notice and just do it. Anyhow, manuals are usually a huge task, it happens many times at release there is only a quick guide and full manual only comes later. Aerges here delivered the full manual (for CE version) pretty soon, and I highly doubt they won't make any more versions in any more languages. The Spanish one is the most obvious, so let's hope they do. But, it can be asked politely and just because they're Spanish fellows doesn't mean you shouldn't be 😉 .