Additional variants of AGM-114 missile

Bedouin

• ED Team
34 minutes ago, NeedzWD40 said:

Is there any possibility this could be expanded? Primarily for earlier missiles like the F or potentially the C?

I'll ask again but I would manage your expectations according to the current "not planned"

• Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Tried it with 8 AGM-114K against Molnyas. CP/G was a good tropper this time out. All 8 connected. But the point of impact was always amidships on upper hull or lower superstructure. Centermass target. After absorbing 8 Hellfires and damage reported at 53%, Molnya could still book at 33 knots and still fired its AK-630 (but missed at 3.8 km). I closed with it after expending Hellfires to see what gun can do against. George did let off 50 burst, and some may have hit, but those AK-630 is a like waterhose of AAA. No way could I get close enough. Good thing is that I can see tracers few seconds before they arrive, giving me time to evade at 3.8 km slant dist to tgt. Regardless of skill level of Molnya , it never uses its SAM or MANPADS (if it has them). The Aligator landing ship, on other hand, do use MANPADS to defend themselves. Thus a Molnya and Alligator task force presents a credible AAA and SHORAD threat.

So sad conclusion, is that given DCS damage models and power of Hellfire K, DCS: AH-64D is not an optimal anti-surface platform. I gather others already knew that, I expect promotion to Cpt. Obvious or even the Major AH as a reward . But I had to experience it for my self. AV-8B still remains my all time favorite CAS/light ASW platform in DCS followed by A-10C. To sink ships bring a Hornet and Harpoon.

Hoping that FCR Hellfire L mmw radar variant gives more punch.

• ED Team
1 hour ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Hoping that FCR Hellfire L mmw radar variant gives more punch.

It has the exact same HEAT warhead, just different guidance section. HEAT stands for High Explosive Anti Tank. This is explained in the manual. The manual is included in the install for your convenience.

[DCS install]/Mods/aircraft/AH-64D/Doc

It's bookmarked for each section so things are easy to find. Pressing Ctrl-F when using such PDF files allows you to search for key words to discover good info.

The manual is a good source of information. It's where all the answers lie. It's where everyone else hangs out.

One. Of. Us.

One. Of. Us.

• Like 3

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

I do know that. I am hoping that ED reworks the code of missile and accuracy of damage model on a vessel. In effect giving Hellfire more punch in DCS.

Why would that be needed? The AGM-114 already performs as it should in that it destroys tanks.

• Like 1

DCS Rotor-Head

36 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

Why would that be needed? The AGM-114 already performs as it should in that it destroys tanks.

Yes it does. But I would submit that 10 Hellfires impacting a corvette sized surface combatant or patrol ships, will do sufficient damage to slow it down, stop its propulsion, and kill its weapons to a significant degree.

Dude, sorry to say this, but most of the time you have no idea what you are talking about.

While I appreciate that you might have a legitimate concern or report, please stop spamming people that are willing to help the community or all of us risk losing their capabilities for us.

• Thanks 3

Please realize, that the Hellfire is an Anti-Tank-Weapon. And for exactly that reason I guess, that Hellfires have never been tested vs. larger vessels IRL, so there is propably not enough data available to finetune their damage vs. ships. And please don't doubt the words of @Raptor9 - he's a real AH-64D Pilot and knows what he's talkin' about.

• Like 2

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Look at irl recordings on Youtube, the Hellfire hits partly few meters next to people and these are afterwards still able to run, what do you think like what a Hellfire against ships should do?

And in what world does an Apache come within 8km of a warship that is not even capable of destroying the Hellfire/Apache?

• Like 1

the problem is that dcs damage modelling for anything that isn't a plane is crap so you cant destroy weapons, sensors or propulsion on either ships or ground vehicles and while yes a hellfire cant sink a ship it can definitely damage weapons and sensors but none of that is modelled in dcs, hell you cant even detract a tank or damage wheels.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Will the M,N and K2 be added too?
They were all available used during the time frame specified that the D blk II variant was flying. (2005~2010)

AGM-114M Hellfire II (Blast Frag)
Produced: 1998–2010

AGM-114N Hellfire (MAC)
Produced: 2003–2018

Thanks.
Suggestions for the hellfire versions based on Raptor9's comment to be more realistic with in sim version we have currently.
(I thought we had the apache D blk II from 2003~2015 in service).

image.png

• ED Team
33 minutes ago, AirSenpai said:

Will the M,N and K2 be added too?
They were all available used during the time frame specified that the D blk II variant was flying. (2005~2010)

Suggestions for the hellfire versions based on Raptor9's comment to be more realistic with in sim version we have currently.
(I thought we had the apache D blk II from 2003~2015 in service).

As the tag on this thread states, only the K and L models (which are currently in game) are planned.

Also, any comments I've made on this forum prior to late 2022 were made prior to joining the ED team, and are not official statements about any ED products or development.

• Like 2

DCS Rotor-Head

2 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

As the tag on this thread states, only the K and L models (which are currently in game) are planned.

Also, any comments I've made on this forum prior to late 2022 were made prior to joining the ED team, and are not official statements about any ED products or development.

Yeah, it is okay I know about the K, I was talking about the missile variations k2 and I forgot to mention k2a as well.
 The in-sim name only has a K label/name to it and i was mentioning that your post probably corrected an assumption I've had about the time period of when the d block II was introduced in active service.
 I do not know if it took place in 2003 or 2005 when this model got in service and i tried to correct myself using your information because it looks right/accurate.
 Wanted to make sure and follow the current in-sim model's information with all the accuracy possible from multiple sources (ED devs since they have the right source since they are working on the module itself with the right information). 
In my opinion, i think devs and real apache pilots and maintenance crews have more knowledge about these subjects and info about the modules more than us costumers/users.
 And i thought you were one dev when you posted it, AND again, it is okay! ❤️ even if you weren't a dev back then, your info looked more correct than my assumptions /knowledge.

I know we have the K MODEL, i want to know if the K model has the k2 and k2a already or if it will come, because we already have the K ( or at least it shows on the crew armament window).

And i wanted to know about the the M and N versions.

Thanks!

On 7/29/2022 at 2:20 PM, Hobel said:

Look at irl recordings on Youtube, the Hellfire hits partly few meters next to people and these are afterwards still able to run, what do you think like what a Hellfire against ships should do?

And in what world does an Apache come within 8km of a warship that is not even capable of destroying the Hellfire/Apache?

I wouldn't dismiss Hellfire's effects on a smaller ship.   I doubt you could sink a Tarantul class with hellfires, but starting fires, wiping out the command deck or seriously damaging it, as well as targeting and wiping out weapons should make the ship combat ineffective.   DCS doesn't model this type of thing so I don't believe there's anything to be done wrt hellfires, this is a naval damage model issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team
24 minutes ago, AirSenpai said:

I know we have the K MODEL, i want to know if the K model has the k2 and k2a already or if it will come, because we already have the K ( or at least it shows on the crew armament window)

And i wanted to know about the the M and N versions.

As I already stated, the K and L are the only ones planned. As these are already in game, no further AGM-114 variants are planned.

• Thanks 1

DCS Rotor-Head

vor 5 Stunden schrieb GGTharos:

I wouldn't dismiss Hellfire's effects on a smaller ship.   I doubt you could sink a Tarantul class with hellfires, but starting fires, wiping out the command deck or seriously damaging it, as well as targeting and wiping out weapons should make the ship combat ineffective.   DCS doesn't model this type of thing so I don't believe there's anything to be done wrt hellfires, this is a naval damage model issue.

Basically yes, a detailed damage model would make this possible. But it is still questionable what sense it should make to attack such a ship the complete crew would have to be asleep or on vacation for the Apache to come into range.

I would not use the unlikeliness of the scenario for discussing this; I don't agree with changing the hellfire, it would be nice if the naval DM was upgraded well.   The scenarios are ours to figure out 🙂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Raptor9 changed the title to Additional variants of AGM-114 missile
  • Raptor9 pinned this topic