TWS on the RDR ATTK page does not display HAFU as soon as trackfile is ready

Harker

2.7.16.27869 Open Beta
TWS should display HAFUs (for the highest 8 ranked trackfiles) as soon as they're ready.
Currently, the trackfile is ready (you can hover with the TDC and see valid Mach and Altitude values and you can designate it), but is not displayed in TWS as soon as it's ready. Instead more hits / time is required until it is displayed.
The current behavior is not described anywhere in available documentation (mainly the 742-100). Thus, TWS should display trackfiles for valid targets, as soon as they are available.
Note that the current implementation of 2+ bricks required to create a trackfile is not wrong (good addition!), but once the trackfile is created, it should be immediately displayed in TWS.

Edit: you can also observe the trackfiles show up on the AZ/EL and SA as soon as they're created, but not on the RDR ATTK page with TWS.

FA-18C_TWS does not display HAFU as soon as trackfile is ready.trk

• Like 4

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

yeah I notice that too, radar detect the target but you can't get a lock nether with TDC depress or undesignate button
pretty annoying hope they fix soon
Hi, this is related to another bug (reported just below this one). The issue here is that you *can* designate the trackfiles, but they don't show up on TWS as soon as they're ready, but with a delay.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

3 minutes ago, Harker said:
1 hour ago, Bravo One said:
yeah I notice that too, radar detect the target but you can't get a lock nether with TDC depress or undesignate button
pretty annoying hope they fix soon

Hi, this is related to another bug (reported just below this one). The issue here is that you *can* designate the trackfiles, but they don't show up on TWS as soon as they're ready, but with a delay.

😞

• Like 1

Update on this. Run another test, which shows the issue more clearly. I unboxed HITS, so I can only view the trackfiles. I am able to designate trackfiles in TWS with the NWS/Undesignate button, which do not show up until designated (they show up after a certain number of sweeps). I can also place the TDC over the space they should be and they'll show up out of nowhere. This means that the trackfiles are ready and able to be designated, but do not show up on TWS until a higher number of sweeps are performed.

Trackfile HAFUs should show up as soon as they're created and valid.

FA-18C_TWS does not display HAFU as soon as trackfile is ready_part2.trk

• Like 6

-

• ED Team

Will investigate, if you have any public evidence please PM me

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Will investigate, if you have any public evidence please PM me
This is just a bug, there will be nothing official about it. The trackfile isn't displaying on the Attk format when it is on the SA and AZ/EL. Also the fact that you can TUC it even though it doesn't exist visually.
  • Like 1