what are the autopilot 'basic functions'?

Rongor

Am I supposed to make use of 'basic functions' and keep these active all the time?
What exactly does the disconnect lever kill beyond what the disconnect trigger does?

Why would I not lever-disconnect but rather trigger-disconnect?

Screenshot_14.jpg

Disconnect trigger throws out any active modes beyond the PA indication.
It seems to be an attitude hold mode. No idea why they didn't simply name it as such in the manual and instead cryptically call it 'basic functions'.

15 hours ago, Rongor said:

Disconnect trigger throws out any active modes beyond the PA indication.
It seems to be an attitude hold mode. No idea why they didn't simply name it as such in the manual and instead cryptically call it 'basic functions'.

It does say right there in your snip; "... initially in basic functions (Attitude hold) ...", seems like it's pretty clear what the basic mode is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Foogle said:

It does say right there in your snip; "... initially in basic functions (Attitude hold) ...", seems like it's pretty clear what the basic mode is.

This. I also interpreted it that way.  Basic functions means just attitude hold, nothing else.

Its probably just wording.There are some paragraphs in the manual, with a bit sub-optimal wording choices, but then again understandable if written by a non native-English speaker. Hopefully it gets polished a bit more in the future.

Edited by Snappy

6 hours ago, Breakaway said:

Has anyone used the R/G modes? does it fly the ILS approach to a certain height?

I tried it and did not have a positive experience.  It absolutely will get you to the ground, but probably not the runway.

• Like 1

How do you get the autopilot to engage?  I haven't had any luck figuring that out yet.   When I am level around 15kft I hit the PA button and nothing.  I am familiar with the 2000c and the autopilot looks a lot like the one in that Mirage.

Edited by Hodo

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

How do you get the autopilot to engage?  I haven't had any luck figuring that out yet.   When I am level around 15kft I hit the PA button and nothing.  I am familiar with the 2000c and the autopilot looks a lot like the one in that Mirage.

you have to hold the disconnect button while pressing any of the AP mode buttons

• Like 2

I'm having a tough time understanding this system. I can enable the attitude hold, but it seems to want to pitch me down to a descending attitude when I enable it, not hold my current pitch. Pressing altitude hold does nothing but turn on a red light, presumably some kind of standby. Do I need to press something extra to set the current altitude? How can I adjust the attitude it holds?

• Like 1

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

3 hours ago, kengou said:

I'm having a tough time understanding this system. I can enable the attitude hold, but it seems to want to pitch me down to a descending attitude when I enable it, not hold my current pitch. Pressing altitude hold does nothing but turn on a red light, presumably some kind of standby. Do I need to press something extra to set the current altitude? How can I adjust the attitude it 

The following works for me, before turning on AP, make sure your speed is below 400kt and not in afterburn, trim aircraft so its straight and level and then hit the AP. You can speed up once it has settled onto its ALT and/or CAP hold

• Like 1