Controlling the wingmen

Debio

i am still geting familiar with BS before actually trying missions. while i am doing my start up procedures, the wingmen start up and roll for the runway. by the time i got to the runway, i heard ATC give landing clearance for Two. he landed and would not take off again even though he responded over the radio to my command to rejoin.

any way to get the wingmen to takeoff again after they have landed?

thanks...

first off what mission. Are you sure they are in your flight? Because the ones in your flight normally wont move until you do. Also is it a mission you made yourself . Read :book:the description of the mission is a single ship flight . There are always other aircraft doing there own thing during campaign and other missions.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I constantly play this type of self created mission (still practicing). My wingman just sit there and wait with rotors spinning seemingly forever. Apparently once your wingman have landed they won't take off again, won't refuel and re-arm.

As chillspider said the most likely thing is that they aren't in you flight group (in the editor it should show you as being 1 of 2 or 1 of 3 and so on) or that you have just lifted enough to take off and they therefore think you have set off..?

correct you can not have the other kamovs in your flight if you just kieep clicking the helicopter icon and adding them when you place a chopper where it says 1of1 there are arrows on each 1. use the arrows on the 1 on the right to add more aircraft to that flight. Make sure you set the first to player or client. the rest set to the difficulty you want them to be.

The Unit selection is composed of two fields and they allow you to select how many aircraft units will be part of the flight group (1 to 4). The right field is used to set the total number of airplanes in the group; to do so, use the left and right arrow buttons. The left field is used to select an airplane within the group; to do so, use the left and right arrow keys.

You could read:book: the GUI manual that part starts around page 92 thats where i got the answer to you question.

Edited by Chillspider

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes. i read the GUI manual, and have a flight of 3. gave them different pilot names, ID's and callsigns. perhaps i should set their AI to a higher level so that they will behave better?

does asking ATC for permission to start engines give them the cue to do the same? mbe that is why they start and go? seems unusual to have to order them to hold just after i hear them on the radio saying that they are rolling. but if i am on the ground crew channel, i may not hear them, and miss the opportunity to give them the hold command.

i will play around with it some more tomorrow.

thanks for the input...

I haven't time to do a propper test, but my experience is that your AI wingmen will stay waiting till you start to roll, then will promptly request taxi, taxi & take off.

If you don't move till you're ready to taxi out, they should stay still & wait.

As a test, enter the sim, but don't touch anything and just watch your wingman. They should start their engines, then just sit & wait for you...

does asking ATC for permission to start engines give them the cue to do the same

No they will start their engines and get ready to taxi at their own pace, but won't move till you do (or till you ask for permission to taxi, can't remember which without looking)...

But AI will be without vichrs and maybe also fuel. So this solution is only part of.

Why ? (not if you've visited the payload editor & given them a loadout ...)

Cheers.

So I am little bit lost, so it is possible to order to AIwingmen to reload and refuel and than continue with mission tasks?

i have read elsewhere that wingmen will not rearm but have not seen it myself yet. i believe that Weta43 is referring to the payload option in the mission editor where you set what loadout the wingmen have (as well as yourself).

cheers...