My conclusion ! and first of all, congratulations on your first module

Falkaroth

Compared to Heatblur or ED and Co.. I like the Razbam models  

Sounds 4/10 : Annoying sound Loops, no emotions . This can be done better. Nerve wracking...

Textures 6/10 : Cockpit is to dark. Low Res Textures .An improvement for the dds conversion would be necessary here (many artifacts) .  Roughmet could be improved on the external as well as on the internal.... I dont like the low res Textures .

3D Model 8/10 : Worst Pilot model so far. Looks like lomac 2003. The wheels have too much air   I'm sorry 

Flight Model 8,5/10 : Very Funny  good Job ! but... the Tomcat eat it for breakfast .
Scripts 4/10 : Key bindings for Hotas. A lot is missing here. (Cannot operate the radar properly) Should be improved. 

Bugs : Hardly anything to remember ! well done for a EA.

Tutorial : Miss the dogfight here 

Evaluation

I enjoy this plane. It is Really okay for a release. Hope this is followed up. Will stay tuned and watch this. 

Screen_220724_124256.jpg

Screen_220724_124234.jpg

Screen_220724_124454.jpg

Screen_220724_124327.jpg

Screen_220724_124414.jpg

Screen_220724_124612.jpg

• Like 2

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

Textures in pit are a little on the dark side not a big fan of that (Sure someone will make a mod)
Pilot body how can you complain we dont have a pilot body yet, This could be a place holder?

Flight model? You must be an SME obviously with a ton of data to prove the flight model is wrong?

Key bindings i believe is a bug, But i guess none like the clicky clicky pit? Saying that key bind is awkward from 60 to 7nm skipping 35nm.  

• Like 1

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Coxy_99:

Textures in pit are a little on the dark side not a big fan of that (Sure someone will make a mod)

Please nooo . The Dev can make it

Pilot body how can you complain we dont have a pilot body yet, This could be a place holder?

I hope so this cannot be final.

Flight model? You must be an SME obviously with a ton of data to prove the flight model is wrong?

No it is good for a EA  😉

Key bindings i believe is a bug, But i guess none like the clicky clicky pit? Saying that key bind is awkward from 60 to 7nm skipping 35nm.  

Yes, we fly blind.😎

Edited by Falkaroth
the cat

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

43 minutes ago, Falkaroth said:

Textures 6/10 : Cockpit is to dark. Low Res Textures

I haven't bought the F1 yet, but even from the promo material it seems that the cockpit textures are not perfect. I mean mostly the black plastic (?) material the cockpit walls are made from. It doesn't really look realistic. So i hope it not only gets a little bit brighter, but also gets the shader tuned to look more real. Also the bumpmap seems a little bit low resolution, but maybe the material is really that coarse in reality.

In general the models looks great though, so i hope that those little problems will get improved on. I also appreciate the OP's criticism. All the feedback from the community so far has been only positive (congrats to Aerges, i guess!) that it seemed too good to be true.

I've also one concern from my own and simply from watching videos about the module so it's some weird form of backseat criticism:
When you tilt the mirrors sideways (not only "deactivate" but physically tilt), the mirror is not completely out of view and the shader that's on it looks really bland. On other aircrafts, the mirrors are tilted so far that they are completely out of view from normal perspective. So i hope that either the shader on the tilted mirrors could be improved, or maybe they can be made to tilt further so that they are even less visible. I bet if you apply enough force you can tilt them further in the real aircraft... at least once...

1 hour ago, Falkaroth said:

Sounds 4/10 : Annoying sound Loops, no emotions . This can be done better. Nerve wracking...

Textures 6/10 : Cockpit is to dark. Low Res Textures .An improvement for the dds conversion would be necessary here (many artifacts) .  Roughmet could be improved on the external as well as on the internal.... I dont like the low res Textures .

3D Model 8/10 : Worst Pilot model so far. Looks like lomac 2003. The wheels have too much air   I'm sorry 

Flight Model 8,5/10 : Very Funny  good Job ! but... the Tomcat eat it for breakfast .
Scripts 4/10 : Key bindings for Hotas. A lot is missing here. (Cannot operate the radar properly) Should be improved. 

Bugs : Hardly anything to remember ! well done for a EA.

Tutorial : Miss the dogfight here 

Evaluation

I enjoy this plane. It is Really okay for a release. Hope this is followed up. Will stay tuned and watch this. 

Screen_220724_124256.jpg

Screen_220724_124234.jpg

Screen_220724_124454.jpg

Screen_220724_124327.jpg

Screen_220724_124414.jpg

Screen_220724_124612.jpg

Thanks for your feedback, I’m sure everybody like myself was eager to hear what you had to say.

thanks!

• Like 2

And that's not even meant in a bad way. It's not all that bad for a start. You can definitely do more with it 😎

• Like 1

I couldn't care less about a couple of low res textures here and there, and things like the pilot model.

Functionality is excellent, it feels like a complete module already. 

Limitations are modeled, which is really, really nice, the plane cannot be abused in unrealistic ways.

I think, the devs had their priorities right, and this is maybe the best EA release I've seen for DCS. I'm sure these small issues will be adressed later.

Edited by HWasp
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HWasp said:

I couldn't care less about a couple of low res textures here and there, and things like the pilot model.

Limitations are modeled, which is really, really nice, the plane cannot be abused in unrealistic ways.

I think, the devs had their priorities right, and this is maybe the best EA release I've seen for DCS. I'm sure these small issues will be adressed later.

Agree completely. Low res textures are no problem and I take them any day instead of low/buggy functionality  and this definítely is one of the more polished EA releases in regards to functionality&FM.
Very nice all in all.

@Falkaroth

Regarding Dogfights tutorials, not sure what you mean.There are even 2 of them , under instant action - caucasus , one with guns  and one with missiles.

• Like 2

@HWasp@Snappy Why do have such a problem with constructive criticism?
I'm happy for you that you like the module
(no irony, i really am and the OP also seems to like it by the way. me too although i have only seen videos so far), but why shouldn't people point things out that could/should be improved?
I think the devs have all the reasons to be happy with the reception so far and there is no reason to believe that they are heartbroken by some people posting feedback in a polite and constructive way.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, twistking said:

(no irony, i really am and the OP also seems to like it by the way. me too although i have only seen videos so far), but why shouldn't people point things out that could/should be improved?
I think the devs have all the reasons to be happy with the reception so far and there is no reason to believe that they are heartbroken by some people posting feedback in a polite and constructive way.

I think a big red "WTF??" is a bit too much.

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but I don't really see this thread as constructive, since it is not pointing out hidden bugs and issues, but some (I think) obvious wip. things, that are really not that important, since we are talking about a simulator product.

I think, the devs produced a very high quality module (FM, systems), so they deserve a bit more respect. 

Edited by HWasp
  • Like 3

On 7/24/2022 at 2:35 PM, Falkaroth said:

No wonder I agree with about 0.003% of your review :))

Still, thx for posting it anyway, the more and the more diverse the views, the merrier I guess.

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

3 hours ago, HWasp said:

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but I don't really see this thread as constructive, since it is not pointing out hidden bugs and issues, but some (I think) obvious wip. things, that are really not that important, since we are talking about a simulator product.

I think, the devs produced a very high quality module (FM, systems), so they deserve a bit more respect. 

Come on, he is a paying customer and he isn't obligated to suck on the dev's doo doo every time he talks about them.

Yes it is constructive because he documented some issues neither of us pointed out (even if we saw them for ourselves), the dev hasn't yet responded to this thread so who knows if these issues are really due to it being WIP in the developers eyes or perhaps these issues weren't that obvious to them in the first place.

Just be happy someone is ponting out for you the issues in the product you bought and simply let it be.

I for one am going to add the fact that the 3d external model needs some work, something about the the different bump and normal maps makes the surface of the model look too "smooth" without much grooves, bolts, scratches and things like that as opposed to the other DCS world modules. Also, under the over wing control surface with the holes in it (don't know the name but it is in the 5th picture that the OP provided), there is only a flat texture.

I would be lying if I said that the external model makes the module unplayable for me, no, I don't care that much and I enjoy flying the f1 just fine even with these small problems, however I hope this will bring the issues to the dev's attention so that it will eventually be addressed. 

Edited by notproplayer3
  • Like 4

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Am 25.7.2022 um 14:37 schrieb HWasp:

i'm with you luke. Little things.. The FM is really good  and makes fun. 

Am 25.7.2022 um 14:37 schrieb HWasp:

Am 25.7.2022 um 17:56 schrieb Snappy:

Agree completely. Low res textures are no problem and I take them any day instead of low/buggy functionality  and this definítely is one of the more polished EA releases in regards to functionality&FM.
Very nice all in all.

@Falkaroth

Regarding Dogfights tutorials, not sure what you mean.There are even 2 of them , under instant action - caucasus , one with guns  and one with missiles.

I mean that there is no tutorial for a dogfight. Do you understand what I want to say with that?. No tutorial. But it's not bad either.

Am 25.7.2022 um 20:44 schrieb twistking:

Am 25.7.2022 um 22:33 schrieb HWasp:

I can't and don't want to talk nice.  Sorry.

Am 26.7.2022 um 00:45 schrieb twistking:

Fair enough...

Am 26.7.2022 um 00:57 schrieb WinterH:

No wonder I agree with about 0.003% of your review :))

Still, thx for posting it anyway, the more and the more diverse the views, the merrier I guess.

0.003% I don't like fame.. don't care. 🙅‍♂️

Am 26.7.2022 um 01:32 schrieb notproplayer3:

Come on, he is a paying customer and he isn't obligated to suck on the dev's doo doo every time he talks about them.

Yes it is constructive because he documented some issues neither of us pointed out (even if we saw them for ourselves), the dev hasn't yet responded to this thread so who knows if these issues are really due to it being WIP in the developers eyes or perhaps these issues weren't that obvious to them in the first place.

Just be happy someone is ponting out for you the issues in the product you bought and simply let it be.

I for one am going to add the fact that the 3d external model needs some work, something about the the different bump and normal maps makes the surface of the model look too "smooth" without much grooves, bolts, scratches and things like that as opposed to the other DCS world modules. Also, under the over wing control surface with the holes in it (don't know the name but it is in the 5th picture that the OP provided), there is only a flat texture.

I would be lying if I said that the external model makes the module unplayable for me, no, I don't care that much and I enjoy flying the f1 just fine even with these small problems, however I hope this will bring the issues to the dev's attention so that it will eventually be addressed. 

Exactly this is not a criticism. Just a nudge. You understand me. I appreciate this. Some others don't...🤔

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Falkaroth said:

I mean that there is no tutorial for a dogfight. Do you understand what I want to say with that?. No tutorial. But it's not bad either.

No, I don't really understand what you mean then, the instant mission are dogfight tutorials, matching  the standard of DCS ....

If you want to be taught actual BFM/ACM , look up the freely available literature sources .

Feel free to let me know which other DCS  module offers "dogfight tutorials"  that match your personal expectations , that tell you exactly what to do at which speed and how many G to pull and when to fly lead/lag. etc.

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 1

The cockpit texturing is not perfect put very descent ! The exterior texturing is much worst and lowres. I hope they will make it better (but theire is so much livery already done so...).

Out of this, this is a excelent module imho, especialy for an EA ! 🙂 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

That's the way it is. I'm just putting the facts straight to the point. This is not hate towards the developers. It's intentional and to the point in a way, yet not an attack.

As a layman, I could improve these textures a lot. That's a fact. So I hope the developers will show determination and give us what ED calls the Dcs standard.

Don't be mad at me

P.s the external pilot model leaves a lot to be desired 😜

• Like 3