Kord Door Gunner not shooting

edineygomes

When I change the fire mode to free fire in the gunner panel, the AI does not fire the KORD, it only fires if I change the hold mode to return fire. He fires a little and stops shooting, having to change the type of fire again. He points at the target but does not fire. I believe it is the same problem on the MI-8

It seems to me that this is only happening with vehicles, infantry works normally.

Edited by edineygomes

I don't have this issue. I tested the Kord with Gunner AI against vehicles and the gunner opened fire with "free fire" and "short burst".
02 days ago my AI gunner opened fire against 04 technicals without any issues.
I know that before, it was a problem when you placed some static objects not far from your targets. I don't know if this issue was fixed or not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, edineygomes said:

I already gave up using it. I would also like to know what angle of fire is needed for it to work. Perhaps altitude and speed is also a factor?

From what I can tell 

General advice since Mi-8 and Huey release is to have gunner on short burst. They won’t fire if they can’t get the entire burst on target. So they will shoot more in short burst 

The door gunner seems to be able to fire about 10 degrees back, maybe about 45 degrees forward. Maybe 10 degrees up. And 45 degrees down about. 

So if you are orbiting a target, it is very easy to roll too far that the target is above the vertical limit (the top door gets in the way). 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I did a test when I was circling the target, even in level flight, I noticed that it points to the target and sometimes it doesn't shoot. I've tried several orbit angles and many times it doesn't fire. I don't know what else to do. I would like ED to make a video explaining the correct use and limitations of the gunner. But I doubt they will.

16 hours ago, edineygomes said:

I did a test when I was circling the target, even in level flight, I noticed that it points to the target and sometimes it doesn't shoot. I've tried several orbit angles and many times it doesn't fire. I don't know what else to do. I would like ED to make a video explaining the correct use and limitations of the gunner. But I doubt they will.

This is all we get 

By comparison, the Mi-8 Kord door gunners can move 30 degrees left, 45 degrees right, 10 degrees up, and 45 degrees down. 

I would bet the vertical limits are identical 

7C157B0C-248A-458F-A679-27C2EEBB7912.jpeg

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg