Wake turbulence causes engine stall, shut off or plane destruction.

diditopgun

Hi !

Wake turbulence causes engine stall, shut off or plane destruction.

Engine stall or shut off happens not only when you take off after an other plane, but even waiting on taxiway holding point with an other plane landing passing by in front of you (so 90° off your longitudinal axis).

In flight when you cross an other plane's wake turbulence (during dogfight or terrain following) your plane can explode in flight in some cases.

ED's wake turbulence is widely known to be too strong, but here the Mirage's engine is too much sensitive to this effect.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Yep, flamed more than once out just flying in formation with other F1s, also one time just taking off after other F1s. Don't know how accurate is or isn't that, but it was pretty clearly wake turbulence.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

22 hours ago, Zergburger said:

seems to be working as intended, this is not a modern engine with a FADEC, and has obvious limitations (many of which are stipulated in the manual).

Cant imagine that the real aircraft always shuts down its engine om the slightest wake xD

• Like 2

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Flown through a lot of Aircraft Efflux/wakes inside 200m range with ATAR 9C ... not one compressor stall or hiccough, cant see why the ATAR 9K 50 would suddenly be susceptible to this 🙂

Edited by IvanK
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I also think that the wake turbulence is excessive on the F1.  Even a formation takeoff caused my engine to stall during takeoff roll.   Or just crossing behind a preceding F1's flight path. Not very realistic.  Maybe some real world F1 pilot can comment on this.

Please developers, do address this before the next update.  Thank you!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ShadowFrost said:

Fairly certain it is a known bug and being investigated. 

Does this still happen? 

cant say ive narrowed it down to being my missile but I have randomly exploded in the air no less than 3 times when near a wake of some kind. even about 1nm behind the cause of said wake

55 minutes ago, Get_Lo said:

cant say ive narrowed it down to being my missile but I have randomly exploded in the air no less than 3 times when near a wake of some kind. even about 1nm behind the cause of said wake

A track would be lovely if you have one. Thanks 

15 hours ago, ShadowFrost said:

A track would be lovely if you have one. Thanks 

unfortunately the tracks are too long as this is an occurrence in online multiplayer and I cant seem to find a good way to replicate the glitch, of all the engine flameouts probably 10% or less result in an explosion and I cant seem to find the specific circumstances which result in said explosions. 

• Like 2