MATRA R530 IR - how to use?

audiodistortion

I'm still very green with this plane, but I think that, if you have only one missile on the ventral hardpoint, you'll need to select only left /ventral OR right/ventral, not both.
Also, you should not be in the dogfight mode ( it has happened to me a lot of times ).

I'm still trying to understand exactly how to get a tone from the missile, so I don't know how useful this was.

EDIT:
I'm getting more tones from the missiles, but I'm still unsure exactly on the correct procedure.
It looks like the mssile needs some time to warm up ... I know there is a 20 seconds cooldown period, but it should not be considered if airstart.
Also, not sure when that cooldown period starts ( or better: WHAT makes it starts ).

I've discovered that: Triangle means missile selected.
Circle under the triangle means missile has a lock, be it a magic or a n IR matra.

Edited by diegoepoimaria01
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah so currently its still broken. It should be a limited all-aspect seeker head (useful for head on shots vs supersonic targets). Currently its working like a rear aspect only missile.

Seeker range and missile range in that regime is very short unfortunately. 

Its already been reported (basically looks like the 550 got the all aspect seeker and the 530 got the rear aspect, when it should be the other way around). So hopefully since they just fixed the 9B, the 550/530 thing will be next along with fixes to the 9J.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).