Add mission editor option "disable hide-stick option for VR users"

D4n

Please add such an option so that us hardcore VR pilots can be forced into more realism in aircraft-cockpits on realistic PvP scenario servers. Hiding stick ruins immersion for VR users, and us VR users then can be even prouder when we shoot down TrackIR/no-head-control-at-all pilots. 👍

Edited by D4n
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

29 minutes ago, D4n said:

Please add such an option so that us hardcore VR pilots can be forced into more realism in aircraft-cockpits on realistic PvP scenario servers. Hiding stick ruins immersion for VR users, and us VR users then can be even prouder when we shoot down TrackIR/no-head-control-at-all pilots. 👍

You do know hiding or not hiding the stick is a choice you can make? If you don't want it hidden, don't hide it.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

On 7/25/2022 at 10:55 PM, =475FG= Dawger said:

You do know hiding or not hiding the stick is a choice you can make? If you don't want it hidden, don't hide it.

Of course I know. But on hardcore servers it's best when you know that your VR-opponent didn't hide his stick to have some system advantage over you when you yourself didn't hide the stick.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

13 minutes ago, D4n said:

Of course I know. But on hardcore servers it's best when you know that your VR-opponent didn't hide his stick to have some system advantage over you when you yourself didn't hide the stick.

In reality you can feel the switches under or behind the controls, you don’t need to see them and click on them. With TrackIR you can use the response curve to magnify your movements and look under the throttle for example. I don’t imagine that’s possible in VR. That’s why the functionality is there. 
How great an advantage do you imagine anyone gets from this? Like it matters… 

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

6 hours ago, D4n said:

Thought I heard them all, but VR players cheating because they hide their stick?? Seriously?? 😂

Although I'm not against the OP wish, if a forced "no hidden stick" option makes you happy, sure, why not.. But people really should let go this urge for so called "hardcore MP balance".. DCS isn't some first person shooter like CS:GO, you'll never have balance. There are just too many factors (user hardware differences being number one)

• Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Before the convo gets too derailed, I do not support anti-hide of the stick to, what the initial request says, be “even prouder”. 

With that said, if there were a more agreeable reason for this “feature”, I believe it would be for the individual module devs to implement. 

To address the original post rebuttal, I also do not think it is a worthwhile endeavor to enable such a feature so that you can feel like the other person didn’t have an advantage over you because you didn’t hide the stick because you wanted to be more immersed in VR. It seems you are requesting a feature to satisfy/increase your level of fun at the cost of others on a matter that does not seem deserving or significant to me. 

• Like 1

@D4n Any particular module in mind you have? I can only guess you mean this one:

image.png

While looking around the HSD/TID can be some inconvenience it's how it was IRL. Removing the stick saves you from moving the head around it. Those who don't have any 6DOF head tracking would suffer but they're not likely the ones who kill you in MP. Advantage I would not call it though. The question I have is how such features get into the sims in the first place. Same with no pilot body.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

LI do not support anti-hide of the stick to, what the initial request says, be “even prouder”. 

That was one of the least important reasons actually... xD

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

It seems you are requesting a feature to satisfy/increase your level of fun at the cost of others on a matter that does not seem deserving or significant to me. 

Cost of others?? Hell no! Every hardcore DCS player is happy about anything that adds more realism and immersion!

• Like 1