[FEEDBACK] Radios?

stalhuth

Trying to communicate with vhf or uhf radios, NOT easy communications and multiplayer server but not response

I'm using the radio green and red bottom  

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

Can you clarify what type of communication you're expecting? ie. Are you trying to talk to other players? Are you trying to use the radio menu to talk to AI?

If other players, most likely the server is using the external program SRS, which you would have to have set up (but then you can use the in-game radio binds to control the radios, ie. select frequencies, modes, and use the PTT buttons).

10 minutes ago, kablamoman said:

Can you clarify what type of communication you're expecting? ie. Are you trying to talk to other players? Are you trying to use the radio menu to talk to AI?

If other players, most likely the server is using the external program SRS, which you would have to have set up (but then you can use the in-game radio binds to control the radios, ie. select frequencies, modes, and use the PTT buttons).

just a simple communication with the ATC 

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

27 minutes ago, Rongor said:

You were on the wrong frequency then I guess

no Sir, in single player no problem 

9 minutes ago, Rongor said:

It doesn't matter if SP or MP. If you don't use easy comms (which you stated you don't) you need to set the correct frequency

I'm sure the frequency is correct 

16 hours ago, stalhuth said:

no Sir, in single player no problem 

That's not really definitive. You did it right during single player, and you did something else while in multiplayer, makes the most sense. It's unlikely to be a multiplayer issue, or a plane issue, so that only leaves user issue. (I fly the M2000 on multiplayer just about every week, and have never had this problem).

As a suggestion, turn off the "realistic frequency repeater" (I think that's what it's called) in Special, under the options for the M2000, that way you can visually confirm the frequency for both the red and the green radios. Then see if you can find your ATC frequency on either radio (preferably both), and test each that way. I've never had the problem you're having, but I have played some missions where you're told to use a certain freq on red, and if you use green instead, same freq, it doesn't work. I don't think that's likely related to your issue, but maybe... Anyway, in short, it's gotta be a user issue, but without more info, it's hard to come up with ideas beyond that. 

Some questions that might help us figure it out:

1) What MP server were you using?

2) What airport are you trying to contact/what is the freq you're using?

3) Are you on the ground or in the air when this happens?

4) can you send a screenshot of your "unrealistic" freq repeater when trying to contact the ATC?

5) red radio, or green?

6) if you set "easy comms", does it work again?

There might be a clue for us somewhere in those answers... and I'm sure someone will check out that MP server and see if they have the same issue, that will at least prove/eliminate any server causes for this.

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

6 hours ago, Despayre said:

That's not really definitive. You did it right during single player, and you did something else while in multiplayer, makes the most sense. It's unlikely to be a multiplayer issue, or a plane issue, so that only leaves user issue. (I fly the M2000 on multiplayer just about every week, and have never had this problem).

As a suggestion, turn off the "realistic frequency repeater" (I think that's what it's called) in Special, under the options for the M2000, that way you can visually confirm the frequency for both the red and the green radios. Then see if you can find your ATC frequency on either radio (preferably both), and test each that way. I've never had the problem you're having, but I have played some missions where you're told to use a certain freq on red, and if you use green instead, same freq, it doesn't work. I don't think that's likely related to your issue, but maybe... Anyway, in short, it's gotta be a user issue, but without more info, it's hard to come up with ideas beyond that. 

Some questions that might help us figure it out:

1) What MP server were you using?

Usually I play in through the inferno server, yesterday I was playing in sidewinder and the same issue

2) What airport are you trying to contact/what is the freq you're using?

any ATC, Incirlik, Andersen, etc

3) Are you on the ground or in the air when this happens?

Ground, also air trying to contact AWACS

4) can you send a screenshot of your "unrealistic" freq repeater when trying to contact the ATC?

5) red radio, or green?

Both

6) if you set "easy comms", does it work again?

works fine with easy comms, also works fine with realistic comms in single player

There might be a clue for us somewhere in those answers... and I'm sure someone will check out that MP server and see if they have the same issue, that will at least prove/eliminate any server causes for this.

Ok, I hopped on the Sidewinder server, at Kutaisi, I don't see how you could set the red radio to the ATC freq of 252.50 since it's not one of the presets, but whatever, when I manually punch in that freq on the green radio, ATC does not respond, either on the ground, nor on approach, so, good news, I guess it's not just you after all! (or, worse, now it's "us" 😂 ).

As a completely unhelpful workaround, try using MP servers that run SRS Overlordbot, you can actually talk to it and it will respond, no need to click on canned options. The Overlord bot has a lot of useful features, and runs ATC and AWACS on most servers that have it. EG of a useful function "Overlord, set tripwire, 40 miles"... it will keep track and let you know any time a bandit is within 40 miles of you. There are lots of other commands you can use too, there's an overlordbot wiki around somewhere... (and yes, I realize that doesn't solve your problem, but it's still much more immersive with the bot).

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 6:22 AM, myHelljumper said:

@stalhuthAre you still having issues with the radios ?

I haven't had any on my side.

Yes Sir, also with the F16 but only in MP and in some servers like Inferno server 

• 5 months later...

I have observed on one server that depending on the starting point, there are some Dead Zones where aircraft may be parked that don't seem to be able to communicate with the tower. Similar to the way DCS parses the location to (for example) switch from the Request Taxi to Request TAKEOFF menu.

This drove me crazy for awhile as well as it only seemed to happen with HOT STARTS not COLD STARTS, but it turned out to be a function of the PARKING position. Once I taxiied away from the parking spot, the Tower started responding.

Happened to be in a Mirage2000 as well (at Vaizaini)

Edited by Recluse