Radio Selector Unit

Rudel_chw
Go to solution Solved by Snappy,

Hello,

While I can use the audio panel of the Mirage F1 for selecting the active radio and adjusting the Tacan and Vor volumes, does anyone know exactly what's the meaning of these acronyms:

MISS  (maybe the IR missiles tone volume? )

RAP + CME ?

MKR + TP?

Also, what's the difference between amplifiers 1 and 2?

Thanks a lot for any help with this.

Radio Selector Unit.jpg

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• Solution
On 7/26/2022 at 5:24 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Hello,

While I can use the audio panel of the Mirage F1 for selecting the active radio and adjusting the Tacan and Vor volumes, does anyone know exactly what's the meaning of these acronyms:

MISS  (maybe the IR missiles tone volume? )

RAP + CME ?

MKR + TP?

Also, what's the difference between amplifiers 1 and 2?

Thanks a lot for any help with this.

Radio Selector Unit.jpg

Hi,

MISS indeed is setting the audio volume for the missile tone.

The MKR+TP knob regulates audio volume of the outer and inner marker beacons passage sounds, (the beep beep beep you hear when overflying them during approach).

The RAP+CME is most likely (going from the Mirage 2000 now) regulating audio volume for the radar warning receiver alerts.

The AMP 1/2 selector (again going from the successor M2000) selects which amplification chain is used.

In reality I can imagine it was used to better identify ground based  navigation stations (VOR or TAC) morse ID code under bad reception conditions or at long distance, (I.e. for  checking if the morse audio signal was coming through  better identifiable by selecting the other  amplification chain).

I don’t think the different chains are simulated in DCS, but not sure .

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

Snappy 

Edited by Snappy
  • Thanks 6

Thank you both for the information, really helpful 🙏

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB